Which is better, in your opinion?

• Playstation Portable (PSP)

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Nintendo Dual Screen (DS)

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

VPmase

Reaction score
I have both. I use my PSP as my MP3 player and I actually play my DS.
So I'd have to go with my DS since I use it for what it was intentionally designed for.

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Well, im in doubt which one i buy.

I love sony, dont like too much nintendo. But, psp had to buy a lot of other stuff to work correctly, like memory stick pro duo, bag, etc. And games are kinda expensive.

Then, DS runs Game Boy old games( i got some GB and GBC games here XD) and then, the multi-player games just one DS needs to have the game and everyone plays. PSP, both have to have the game T_T

SO, i picked PSP but im still thinking :S

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
PSP because I have one. The only downside of the PSP is that the battery life isn't as long (which is understandable), and that almost all of the games for it don't have Download Play features (which I wish all of the games had them).

Archkronos

Reaction score
PSP. Because it has better graphics for the most-part, more functionality outside gaming, can be flashed :)D), plus looking at two screens at once is difficult.

I'm not a Sony fanboy, either. I go with what is superior.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Undecided. I love the DS's games, but my homebrew PSP runs Windows, has YouTube, tons of Nintendo emulators, multi-tasking capabilities and an awesome shell.

VPmase

Reaction score
Lol, another reason why DS is great, its rather hard to hack.

nat1192

Reaction score
[PSP] can be flashed
So can the DS (it just needs extra hardware). Google Flashme v7.
I do just about everything on the DS. My Memory card has about 15 DS games on it; various games from NES, SNES, Genesis, GBC, and GBA; a fully usable Linux distro (cmd line only ;)); Ipod like MP3 player; video player; English to Spanish to German to Japanese dictioary; and eBook reader. I know the PSP can do most of that, but it can't play awesome DS games.

(Note: All of this requires special extension hardware, but it is cheap)

(I would get the PSP if I could afford it though)

Last edited:

sandogg

Reaction score
I have a DS and love the games.
PSP is really a more 'serious' gaming machine.
I also have a flash cart for the DS with loads of games, mp3s, videos, ebooks etc. Some of the homebrews are also great.
Emulating DS games on PC or otherwise is just pointless, you need those dual screens (especially the touch).
DS all the way.

kidbw3

Reaction score
If you go buy just the games, I prefer NDS, The DS, like the Gamecube, is for soft-core gamers. People who like to play Mario and such. While on the PSP, there are more hardcore and fast paced games.

rjwboys

Reaction score
i have both and I'm on my psp more because its flashed he he i play gba, snes, sega, n64 (though its not at full speed yet), and i play movies streamed via wifi from my computer

NSChan

Reaction score
DS is easier to hack than the PSP, you just need to get a flash card that stores roms, no need to mess about with downgarading. but i picked PSP as it has a homebrew of Stepmania and its the only reason i keep it

jondisco

Reaction score
without them being hacked i would choose a DS i think sony concentrates more on graphics then the overall fun of the game. Nintendo has and always will have FUN games

don't get me wrong sony does have awesome games but games for the more serious gammer.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
DS. [because it's pink! the pretty kind too.]
I want to play something that actually HAS games to play & that are enjoyable.

Also, I already have a mp3 player thanks, I really don't need another one that's overpriced.

Drakotsu

Reaction score
PSP is very nice, its compact and has a nice look. Also advanced features, flash, internet, direct download, share game play, keyboard (if you choose to buy one <3). Can WiFi connect to PS3 also.

DS is also nice but the dual screen is one of the only new features. Theyre internet feature is also nice but i dont think they have a keyboard to use.

Id go with PSP for media, gaming, and internet
DS for classic and advance classic Nintendo games.

Ima fan of both :)