Question about RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalfredox

Reaction score
Hi all. So, my website loads a bit slow..
If I were to upgrade to a premium package, let's say the $4.95 package, and I run a vB forum, do you think it would run more precise? I have the free package atm, and when loading the index, it runs a bit slowly. I don't have enough cash atm to get the 3rd package, but I could afford the 4.95 one. Just wanted to know if that would help the loading process.
Regards.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi all. So, my website loads a bit slow..
If I were to upgrade to a premium package, let's say the $4.95 package, and I run a vB forum, do you think it would run more precise? I have the free package atm, and when loading the index, it runs a bit slowly. I don't have enough cash atm to get the 3rd package, but I could afford the 4.95 one. Just wanted to know if that would help the loading process.
Regards.

Yes, The speed will increase. You will get more resources than free account.

Processing speed on paid servers are also very good.

Last edited:

xalfredox

Reaction score
Alright, ty..
The VPS, what does VPS do? Is that like, the same thing as one of the packages, just more speed/space?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Alright, ty..
The VPS, what does VPS do? Is that like, the same thing as one of the packages, just more speed/space?

VPS means Virtual Private Server.

You have to manage your server yourself. VPS is very powerful and have more resources that paid.
But you need to know about linux commands to RUN a VPS

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I have used the Premium service and I currently use the VPS service. Both of these services are top-notch and I highly recommend them.

As Boss said, with the VPS you need to know how to manage a linux server yourself. It's not something you can master or even learn over night. If you're interested in managing your own server, you could use the following links as a starting point:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-5.2
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-9.10-ispconfig-3

Good luck and if you have any questions about the Premium or VPS service, please do not hesitate to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.