Question forum

eggo9432

Reaction score
One thing is that I really liked the layout of your site before you had the forum. If I were you, I would have both the previous version and then the forum, where people could post new questions and then you could add them to the homepage. That is just my opinion, however, and feel free to do whatever you wish with your own site. Also, for the forum, it might look cool if the divs that contain "How this works" and "Post your question" had their top left and right corners with the same radius as the larger div has, respectively.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Also, make sure that all links that are posted have a the tag "target="_blank"" so that when users click a link they are not redirected away from the forum.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The target attribute is deprecated under XHTML 1.0 Strict (the doctype being used here), and is bad form in any case -- the user should always have control over where a link opens.

eggo9432

Reaction score
But don't they still have control over where the link opens even with the target attribute? It still opens the same page, just in a new window.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But don't they still have control over where the link opens even with the target attribute? It still opens the same page, just in a new window.

You just answered your own question. If the user wants the link to open in a new window, that's their choice, not yours (they can middle- or right-click to open in a new tab or new window). The default should always be the default (no target specified); if the user wnats the default to be that links open in a new tab, that's usually a browser option.