Quick TOS Update and Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, not knowing how to place ads on your site is no excuse for not placing them. It is and has always been the user's responsibility to figure out how to place the ads. We are unable to know every CMS and script out there to tell you how to place the ads. I have updated the TOS with this bit of information.

Most CMSs and scripts have forums you can seek help on. It is 100% your responsibility.

Also, if you're putting up a new website, test it locally and make sure the ads are on the site before you upload it. That is also not an acceptable excuse. You WILL be caught, and you WILL be suspended.

randomize

Reaction score
Just out of interest,

i read the TOS and it states no where in it what language your site must be in.

I fount a topic in the forums, where a guy was asking whether he could us Chinese on his website.

Maybe, just an idea, you should include what language the site must be in!

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
http://x10hosting.com/index?view=termsofservice

x10Hosting provides web page hosting. x10Hosting reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by x10Hosting when x10Hosting decides that the account has been inappropriately used or otherwise. Currently x10hosting only accepts sites that are in English, Spanish, or French.

Cynical

Reaction score
Hopefully this will reduce the number of suspensions due to ads... though I doubt much. Best of luck though :) .

randomize

Reaction score
Ooopsy, my bad!!

I still think that you should allow other languages though!

Thats my oppinion

Nekaid

Reaction score
Why? Not every staff member reads other languages, plus, it is their choice as to which languages they allow their hosted sites. So, just do as they say. x10 is still the best hosting service in my book.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but allowing other languages would not be good for the servers, specially if we allowed chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekaid

Reaction score
Can't some symbols and characters in chinese cause stress to the server?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it would cause stress, but because we don't speak these other languages it makes it hard to screen accounts for illegal material. Also a lot of ad service providers (Yahoo) don't support those languages and could in turn get us banned from them.

N

Nathan

I didn't agree to this ToS when I signed up... It doesn't apply to me. Yay for legal loopholes. :)

I love you Corey, I'll be looking forward to our date this Saturday.

randomize

Reaction score
ok you have a point!

I just thought that, it might be better to allow people who want to use your service to use their own language!

Nevermind hey!

Origin

Reaction score
Alejandro, that was entirely unnecessary. Regardless of what language, race, culture, nationality, ethnicity, or sect one belongs in, it is morally incorrect to single out one specific group as the reason or cause of any problem, unless it is clearly stated why that statement is made -- with full and obvious proof and evidence.

Please cease your racism lest you unnerve a client.

Thank you.

Colin

Reaction score
Origin, that was uneccassary. Alejandro was merely stating that we cannot allow all languages. I suggest you read a full thread before you assume something. In no way, shape or form was he being racist.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
And this is off track.

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.