'Refresh rate' for CMS Demo?

deadimp

Reaction score
I've finally gotten around to making a demo for the admin panel on my CMS, Thacmus, and I wanted to know what an acceptable refresh rate would be for cleaning everything up would be. Right now I have it at four weeks, but I don't think that'll be good if I get a lot of 'unwanted' traffic that tends to screw the site over.
I'd set it to 2 hours, but that might be a little too much in my opinion, and might put a little too much of a load on the server.
Would 4 hours be the best bet? Once a day?
I know that I won't get too much traffic, so I know that I don't need have small time limits, but if there's inappropriate content, I want to make sure it doesn't last long.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably every hour?

Archkronos

Reaction score
Probably every 8 hours, and if you find the site constantly screwed up, set it lower.

Thats your best bet. ;)

deadimp

Reaction score
Alright. I'll set it to that. Now I gotta figure how to make Thunderbird put those CRON emails in a different folder. Shouldn't be that hard.

lionheart8

Reaction score
Any feedback, what did you settle for & how is it working?
Btn, u are the author of that script, or I got it all wrong? ;)

deadimp

Reaction score
I haven't exactly had the reset script do anything yet, since I couldn't execute multiple queries with the mysql extension. The demo hasn't seen enough action to really need to be reset yet, so it isn't vital at this point.
I'll make it reset soon enough, since I've implemented mysqli. I've had the CRON job execute the script every 8 hours, and I'll keep it as that once I make the reset script do something.

And yeah, I'm the author of that script.

Last edited: