Reputation Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining. Time for me to write some useful tutorials xD.

So negative rep is enabled for everyone now or only for staff?

Yes, it's enabled for everybody with five or more posts.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Negative rep helps the community police itself, if a person cares about their rep they will be more likely to consider what they're posting before doing so.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

I knew about that page, I was just wondering if there was a place where you can check your reputation and your reputation only. The xperience.php page lists off everyone and you won't necessarily be able to check yourself.

However, once you receive your first +rep, it seems like the box in your User Control Panel returns.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I knew about that page, I was just wondering if there was a place where you can check your reputation and your reputation only. The xperience.php page lists off everyone and you won't necessarily be able to check yourself.

However, once you receive your first +rep, it seems like the box in your User Control Panel returns.

This is correct. The table isn't there with no rep because you don't have any. As soon as you get your first rep, may it be +/-, it will show the table.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Negative rep helps the community police itself, if a person cares about their rep they will be more likely to consider what they're posting before doing so.
Aren't you worried about users given negative rep to people just like that? For example let's take one user, can't remember the name, that had limited knowledge of technical stuff and tried to make it appear as he had a lot. When we tried to explain things to him, he lost his temper, even though we were proposing of doing the work for him, literally.

bradym

Prime Account
Reaction score
So just what exactly is rep and why do I want some? What is the benefit to me if I get lots of rep points?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
So just what exactly is rep and why do I want some? What is the benefit to me if I get lots of rep points?

Well, the benefit of getting rep is good as it shows that you're a good member here (unlike at some places where I've seen people get -20 rep on members that spam :biggrin:), not to mention if you rack up enough rep you'll be able to get some special abilities with x10Hosting. Rep is basically your reputation around the forum. The higher the rep, the better the reputation :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to mention... you can now give negative rep ;)

I just discovered that the rule for giving reputation to the same person also applies for negative rep as well. What if someone has multiple bad posts? o_O

ireviews

Reaction score
Is this only available on vBulletin forums? It would be great if it comes preinstalled with PHPBB or something of that nature because I can't really afford vBulletin right now.

Thanks !!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this only available on vBulletin forums? It would be great if it comes preinstalled with PHPBB or something of that nature because I can't really afford vBulletin right now.

Thanks !!

I believe there are reputation systems built into phpBB, at least a basic one. I know that on SMF there are more in-depth reputation plug-ins that you can install away from SMF's built-in reputation system and I assume phpBB is the same way. This site's install of vBulletin I assume is just using a plug-in based reputation system anyways.

Last edited:

satbir

Reaction score
One more nice thing added to x10hosting which is scaling new heights and introducing new Firsts....
Thanx Corey & team...

hipro1

Reaction score
I think 5,000 posts is an excellent choice. It determines who is truly a veteran on these forums. You can't really spam 5,000 posts before getting banned for spam.

I'm agree with you. 5,000 sounds like a lot posts, but many people here that really contribute with the community will achieve them easily and in the proper times :)

satbir

Reaction score
That is true. 5000 posts is really big count. You need to dedicately on the forum to achieve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.