Reputation Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkenny

Reaction score
Only a couple people have achieved that feat, and I think they're all staff haha.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has achieved 5000 who isn't staff or former staff. This is in the 5 years of X10's existence. It felt like 1,500 was a lot to me :p

I mean, 5000 is like 100 posts every week for a year!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has achieved 5000 who isn't staff or former staff. This is in the 5 years of X10's existence. It felt like 1,500 was a lot to me :p

I mean, 5000 is like 100 posts every week for a year!
Basically, it helps having 1 post added each time you tell the status of the server!

kkenny

Reaction score
1,000 posts is a lot to a lot of people. 2,500 is a lot too. It's going to be a while before 5,000.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, get to work I guess ;)

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
I was at about 250 1-2 months ago, and i managed to get to 720, so I guess everything is possible! Now brandon, don't brag about the fact that you are the 3rd in the list, I will slap you with a large trout and a brick from across IRC.

Last edited:

davearonson

Reaction score
The xperience.php page lists off everyone and you won't necessarily be able to check yourself.
You can search for yourself, assuming that your username is relatively unique. (If for example you registered as "e", good luck! But searching for myself returns just my own row of the table.)

And while I'm posting... I disagree with the idea of counting sheer volume of posts towards anything. Quality over quantity. There are a lot of posts that really don't add anything to the conversation, and thereby detract by just getting in the way.

(I don't strongly disagree, heatedly or anything like that, I just think ignoring volume would be yield better results (according to what I personally value, YMMV) and be easier to understand and implement.)

And come to think of it... what happens if someone with negative rep, gives you rep? Does that lower your rep? And if he gives you negative rep, does that raise your rep? Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

-Dave

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
And while I'm posting... I disagree with the idea of counting sheer volume of posts towards anything. Quality over quantity. There are a lot of posts that really don't add anything to the conversation, and thereby detract by just getting in the way.

(I don't strongly disagree, heatedly or anything like that, I just think ignoring volume would be yield better results (according to what I personally value, YMMV) and be easier to understand and implement.)

The problem is that it's not every user that know how to give rep, credits, etc. However, the post count does not require any user interaction, and most x10 forums regulars know how to spot and how to report spam posts, and people that simply post to get a big post count don't make a long run, trust me.

jimpikachu

Reaction score
wonderful! Thanks for this.... I understand more of this now..... Just a little more understanding for me :)

frisch7

Reaction score
That would make sense i guess rep 20 to be able to rep the same person again... even thought that would be kinda pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.