Reputation Reworked

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to be completely reworking the reputation system on the forums... this means I will most likely be wiping out the current reps that are there as a lot of them came from illegitimate sources such as rep clubs.

The new system will directly influence multipliers on how many credits you earn on your posts and will also help decide who will be in the group that can escalate tickets out of the help section to staff.

If you have any suggestions on how this should work, now is the time to voice them :)
-Corey

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Just posting here so people will see this. Starka is less important =p

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm sounds interessting, time to work up to 2 blocks again :D

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
People with the username "leafypiggy" should get 10,000 credits per post.

Okay? Haha

seriously though, I think it's a great idea. Although I do get annoyed at people who have the stupid "give me rep or credits if my post was helpful". People should give rep/credits to whomever they wish. I myself make it a point to never donate or rep+ people that have that in their signature.

vekou

Reaction score
^yeah, i agree. but if the post was really, really, really helpful, then why not?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
One reason to have that in the signature might be that some just don't realize there's something called rep, or might not really know when to use it.

Personally I don't find it to be a bad thing to have it posted in signature, and I would definitely rep someone that told me something useful even if that have that line there...

whizynix02

Reaction score
Yeah this would be a great idea. You get a rep by your helpful post.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it sounds great. I like that only credible members will only be able to send it to staff :).