Request for max file size increase (to host PhantomJS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboa7

Reaction score
I understand that files over 10MB will be automatically removed from free accounts. I understand that this limit was imposed to curb piracy and the hosting of media content, as explained by Corey Arbogast in this post.

I am trying to run PhantomJS on my website. The problem is that the file size of PhantomJS (Linux, 64-bit) is 68MB.

Given that PhantomJS is directly related to the website the account is intended for, would it be possible to host this file on my free account? Like a one-time favor? I am nowhere near reaching the 512MB disk space usage for my account.

As the PhantomJS file is an executable, I can't simply host the file on Dropbox or NoFile.io or any other hosting site. So not being to able to host this file makes things very complicated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't have a way to add an exception to the filesize limit; we would also be in a position where if we made an exception for one person, we'd have to make it for all, defeating the purpose of the system altogether.

Reading through their blog and FAQ however, there's a very decent chance that PhantomJS would actually trigger our high-resource-usage systems and would cause the site to malfunction or become suspended, depending on what you were using it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.