Resources Limited within past 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensen

Reaction score
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
I/O usage resources were limited for your site
I/O operations per second were limited for your site

Received the above note in CPanel. Is this a cause for concern? Does this mean my site is using more resources than permitted?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. And from the sounds of the messages, it's Grav (opening eleventy-seven files at a time). You could do worse things more sloppily using MySQL, but you'd be using database calls rather than file system calls, so the server wouldn't complain about it.

jensen

Reaction score
So while grav shouts out loud about how many are leaving WordPress and Joomla to get on grav (like grav is the gravy train :)
In actual fact, it is resources hungry? So database has its place firmly grounded. Let's see if google compute engine will groan with grav :)

When you look at requirements to run grav, there is very little demanded of the server.

Grav has intentionally been designed with few requirements. You can easily run Grav on your local computer, as well as 99% of all Web hosting providers. If you have a pen handy, jot down the following Grav system requirements:​
  1. Webserver (Apache, Nginx, LiteSpeed, Lightly, IIS, etc.)
  2. PHP 5.5.9 or higher
  3. hmm... that's it really, (but please look at php requirements for a smooth experience)!

No wonder it's tough - you need ssh.
https://learn.getgrav.org/webservers-hosting/shared/siteground

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
On a VPS (or an Amazon/Google instance or some such), it would be less than a DB. Here, though, the DB runs under admin/overhead space, so rather than saving that overhead by eliminating the DB, you're assuming extra overhead in your own user space to run everything that's replacing the DB. On a larger, typical, paid shared hosting account, you'd probably break even or maybe a little better, but with the limited resources on a Free Hosting account, it's actually more economical to use a database.

Status
Not open for further replies.