Restoring Database

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by jppcrio2, Jan 2, 2018.

1. jppcrio2

jppcrio2 New Member

I deleted my Drupal database, and went to restore it from a few days ago. I wanted to roll back a few days.

The progress bar said 1/1 databases restored.
    [​IMG]

I am thinking it is still doing some stuff behind the scenes, because when I manually add a database called jppcrio2_zzz, it tells me:
    [Mysql::adddb(zzz) failed: (XID fbdhc6) The database “jppcrio2_zzz” already exists.]

zzz is not really what my DB is called.

I am almost wondering if I wanted to restore, I would have been better of dropping all of the tables, and etc, leaving the DB. Then doing a restore. Looking at the logs I do not see an error. Wonder where it is restoring it to?

I have a feeling that it is out there, because when I go to http://ut1.r1softlicenses.com/CP/ it still shows up in the database backups that are actively being created

I'm not too worried, as I have copies of what is important to me.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. jppcrio2

jppcrio2 New Member

I did find something interesting, that may answer my question:
    "x10Hosting creates and retains backups of Free Hosting and Prime accounts in the event of a catastrophic server failure, but will not restore or distribute them upon request. Backups on Free Hosting and Prime accounts are the sole responsibility of the customer." -- https://x10hosting.com/support/account/plans-upgrades-explained?from_search=20767893

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. jppcrio2

jppcrio2 New Member

Well, I cut my losses, and started over with a fresh Drupal Install. It was not much, as I have local backups, and it is just a hobby site.

Suggestion. Maybe the database restore feature should be hidden, if that is not intended for the end user, per text in my previous reply.