Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Will purchase from your site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sunils

Reaction score
Nice and simple. I really like the finish of the heading. Went thought your works. Good work has been done.

About the site. put some more pics of electronic components ....

FalseHope

Reaction score
You need to fix your intro it doesn't come up as the domain you have. It comes up as another one. As for the site, it looks pretty basic, no real "wow that sites awesome!" to it. Try spicing it up, add some color, maybe test out a few different layouts, with different colors and what not.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The intro's domain name at the end of the intro needs to be fixed. Other than that, it's a good site.

marzon

Reaction score
I might be going out on a limb here, but I think you can do without the intro, but that's just my personal opinion.

I think you're site is okay at best. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but there is room for improvement for sure. Personally, I'd narrow everything and reposition it lower.

You might not agree, but I think the content can be organized a lot better instead of just having it sit there.

One thing I don't agree with are the images at the bottom. They don't really go with the colors that you have, at least I think so. I also think you don't need "I accept" next to the paypal, I think just having the image is good enough.

Overall, 4/10. No hard feelings, I just think you have some work ahead of you if you plan on having this as a business or anything to attract customers.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
I might be going out on a limb here, but I think you can do without the intro, but that's just my personal opinion.

I think you're site is okay at best. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but there is room for improvement for sure. Personally, I'd narrow everything and reposition it lower.

You might not agree, but I think the content can be organized a lot better instead of just having it sit there.

One thing I don't agree with are the images at the bottom. They don't really go with the colors that you have, at least I think so. I also think you don't need "I accept" next to the paypal, I think just having the image is good enough.

Overall, 4/10. No hard feelings, I just think you have some work ahead of you if you plan on having this as a business or anything to attract customers.

:tear: lol but thanks everyone else, yes I am going to change the domain on the intro

Last edited:

Mitch

Reaction score
It looks basic. You could make a new design. Make it look cooler.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
There's a lot more you can do on your site...

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Hmm...
>I like that the site is very simple and to the point.
>What you do is also cool, that gives you points.
>The video was also nice.
>But the site was a little to simple, you could use more graphics and a better background.

I suggest you make the site more themed on what you do, make circuits. You could make a background thats a bmp of a circuit. And your site itself could have the layout like a circuit.

I would grab a blank paper and a pencil and draw out some ideas, then upload your concept art to the forums to get help making the site.

3/5

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Hmm...
>I like that the site is very simple and to the point.
>What you do is also cool, that gives you points.
>The video was also nice.
>But the site was a little to simple, you could use more graphics and a better background.

I suggest you make the site more themed on what you do, make circuits. You could make a background thats a bmp of a circuit. And your site itself could have the layout like a circuit.

I would grab a blank paper and a pencil and draw out some ideas, then upload your concept art to the forums to get help making the site.

3/5

Thanks this was very helpfull,

Someone suggested that I add a blog to the site or some stuff about circuits and stuff to improve page rank, who thinks this is a good idea?

cabrillo

Reaction score
Hi,

I've notice a couple of things about your site that I try to avoid when I design a site. Your pages tend to shift around in the browser a little bit because they are not all quite uniform.

-On the HOME page: You have no page subtitle like the other pages. They all say the page title below the navigation buttons and above the horizontal rule (i.e. Contact me) in big bold text, but the home page doesn't, so every time you return to the home page, the rest of the content below the buttons shifts upward. This looks awkward and can be perceived as amateur-ish. To avoid this, I would write something below the nav buttons on the home page in the same size and font. "Home" may be a little redundant, why not try something like, "Welcome to Circuitz4U.com!"? Look at the PREVIOUS DESIGNS page and try to model the same format - logo; nav buttons; large, bold heading; horizontal rule; standard bold print; horizontal rule; page content. Keeping it uniform looks professional.

-On the CONTACT ME page: Same problem, but this time the page shifts right because there is no scroll bar on the right side. The reason is because there isn't enough content in the page to require scrolling down, so the browser hides the bar. Try increasing the "height" field on your table to a value that is greater than the height of the browser window, so that even though there is nothing to scroll down and see, the scroll bar appears anyway and your page won't shift back and forth during navigation.

Hope this helps!

--cabrillo

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Hi,

I've notice a couple of things about your site that I try to avoid when I design a site. Your pages tend to shift around in the browser a little bit because they are not all quite uniform.

-On the HOME page: You have no page subtitle like the other pages. They all say the page title below the navigation buttons and above the horizontal rule (i.e. Contact me) in big bold text, but the home page doesn't, so every time you return to the home page, the rest of the content below the buttons shifts upward. This looks awkward and can be perceived as amateur-ish. To avoid this, I would write something below the nav buttons on the home page in the same size and font. "Home" may be a little redundant, why not try something like, "Welcome to Circuitz4U.com!"? Look at the PREVIOUS DESIGNS page and try to model the same format - logo; nav buttons; large, bold heading; horizontal rule; standard bold print; horizontal rule; page content. Keeping it uniform looks professional.

-On the CONTACT ME page: Same problem, but this time the page shifts right because there is no scroll bar on the right side. The reason is because there isn't enough content in the page to require scrolling down, so the browser hides the bar. Try increasing the "height" field on your table to a value that is greater than the height of the browser window, so that even though there is nothing to scroll down and see, the scroll bar appears anyway and your page won't shift back and forth during navigation.

Hope this helps!

--cabrillo

Thanks this was very helpfull, I have now made these changes

Last edited:

cabrillo

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. The site looks great!

I saw one more thing that I'd change - on all of your pages except your HOME page your title graphic of "circuitz4u.com" is set up as a link. I'm not sure if it's because of that, or because within your anchor tag (a href=...) is hidden a paragraph tag (p; /p) that is not picked up by the browser, but the page shifts up slightly on the HOME page. If you don't want the graphic on the home page to be a link, try moving the (p)(/p) tag below the (/a) tag. I think that will fix the jump.

--cabrillo

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
OK i've fixed the jump, thanks very much for help :)
Edit:
who thinks this background is good, I think it makes the site look more interresting withought distracting too much from the content

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Most people thought my site was 'bland' so I have now made some changes to hopefully make it less bland. please tell me whether you think it is better than before :)

Last edited: