Review my site!!!!

booksgo

Reaction score
I've just has a quick look and my first thought is that the font on the links/photos needs to be bigger/different colour.
Also the 'purrfectmelody cattery' font is too spidery and difficult to read. Nice photos btw :)

like2program

Reaction score
TO SEE PICTURES OF THE FIRST LITTER OF KITTENS----- CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!

Never type in all uppercase or use too many exclamation marks. Also, I would recommend not using "Click Here" as the reason to click because the user will think "why should I?" perhaps a linked "The first litter of kittens" would be better.

EDIT: Here's some more -

Mountain Rose Herbs www.mountainroseherbs.com Here you can get the supplies to make your own herbal things for your pet. THey also have some natural products already made for your pets.

Iams www.iams.com this is the food that i feed my cats, and you can sign up for cupons and other stuff.

Change THey to They and change i to I, also I think coupons is spelled wrong ("cupons"?)

EDIT: More

The whole links section should have the names linked instead of the addresses out to the side.

EDIT: Even More -

Mountain Rose Herbs www.mountainroseherbs.com Here you can get the supplies to make your own herbal things for your pet.

Herbal "things"? not exactly descriptive. You might want to tell a little more about those things before we feel like buying them.

EDIT: Ok last one -

Only Natural Pet www.onlynaturalpet.com A place to get healthy supplies for your dog or cat for holistic health care.

Holistic? WTF?

EDIT: Really last one -

You shouldn't leave your email on the page like that. It could be easily harvested by spambots. At least make it into an image.

EDIT: I am not kidding this time -

MAY 14,2008

Change to "May 14, 2008,

EDIT: Ok I'll finish when I finish

They will getting ready to sale very soon!!!

Change to "They will be ready to sell very soon." or something similar.

Last edited:

ASPX.King

Reaction score
the layout is okay, the navigation is great, not too hard to find what you want

the design isn't very good though, it's totally web 1.0, pretty much yesterday's style.

catz154

Reaction score
the layout is okay, the navigation is great, not too hard to find what you want

the design isn't very good though, it's totally web 1.0, pretty much yesterday's style.
What could I do to make it look newer? I am very new at making sites , so tell me everything!

D

dWhite

Export-Wizard-2.gif

I don't know if it's just me, but I had somewhat of a hard time reading out some of the letters in the logo.

catz154

Reaction score
Export-Wizard-2.gif

I don't know if it's just me, but I had somewhat of a hard time reading out some of the letters in the logo.

Nope not just you! go tthe same response by several others. I just changed it take a look. It is super simple now. I like it better. Hoold on a min. I need to upload the file.
the you can look.

Last edited:
D

dWhite

Looks better now catz. :)

Better font, bolder font and more easily read. :)

delon

Banned
Reaction score
First i did not like your color scheme, its too browny i say, it looks quite un organized, i didnt like the navigation system, its too kityy,

jaco_don

Reaction score
Dreamweaver and PhotoShop killed the Frontpage (RIP)

I wouldn't dig more into technical stuff a really good website ... good amount of information(Some real hard work) and frankly i really loved... as it has more of originality

Alright i am going out to buy a cat

catz154

Reaction score
First i did not like your color scheme, its too browny i say, it looks quite un organized, i didnt like the navigation system, its too kityy,

Well, Hello!!! It is a cat site after all!! and I do not really like my color scheme either, but it is the best one that was OK and matched my cats. can you suggest something better? I would appreciate it if you could, but remember I am going to have to like it.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
sorry i haven't replied yet, i didn't see this again after i posted... In fact, i wouldn't have seen it if it weren't for the rep you gave me!

you should add more graphics. right now, you have a solid background, with plain text, and a couple of images scattered around...

you should have something, probably a DIV, to hold the text, with a fixed width, in the center of the page... give it a border, a header, and fancier navigation, that changes when you hover over it...

You won't be able to do all of it with just HTML, you're going to need a photo program such as Photoshop, Paint.NET, (not what comes with windows) the GIMP, or Paint Shop Pro... You'll also need CSS to make the DIV and menu look good.

Also, don't make the menu buttons just huge images, make them different... probably just text on top of something simple.

Last edited:

catz154

Reaction score
Thanks for writing back aspx King, I really appreciate all the help and advice I can get. I am still a rookie. Just about 2 months on making my site, when i have the time. I am now done with school so I will ave more time to work on it. Thanks again

Sohail

Reaction score
First of all i would optimize your images because it takes a long time to load, i like the way you used those images and rollovers for your navigation though the two big things i don't like are your colours and your layout and they make a big influence to your visitors. Your photography is very nice though i think you should make a more obvious home buttom as it took me a while to find the current one. I suggest you create an eye-catching logo as a site is nothing without one. You should implement CSS styles with your pages to make them look nice and use PHP to create a nice contact form instead of providing an email address which causes a high risk of spam.

Hope this helps.

catz154

Reaction score
Re: Review my site!!!! Again

Based on everyones reviews I received I designed a new home page so far. I want you all to take a look at it and see what you think. www.pmab.exofire.net/new_home.html
Thanks again for all the reviews, I am currently working on the rest of the site, and I will post them for review

booksgo

Reaction score
It's very nice, big improvement. I like the colour, but I'd suggest changing the colour of the photo frames to liven it up a bit.

You have two typos:

We a re a samll cattery

GoatClub

Reaction score
on "Interact" under "Recipies", there is a typo, "you rkitty" is supposed to be "your kitty" I suppose.
also on that page on the left, several exclamations, which I think is generally frowned upon.

To contact Purrfectmelody for more information on the price and availability on new kittens, or any other thing else....
I think you should take out "other." its the first sentence under "Contact" btw.

They will be ready to sale very soon.
I think it should be "ready for sale." its the last sentence uner "The Kittens"

I like your site, its very simple to get around which is nice. I think the color is fine, just maybe change the color of the title bars under "Interact"? also nice photos, and I like the old-time look of the adult's photos.
Tell your kitties I said hi :biggrin:

~Jess