Rumour: Windows Vista - $99

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
Dewayne said:
They'll sell for 99 USD, while you spend another 800 USD upgrading your machine to 2gbs RAM, 3.2ghz or better processor and a 128mb x8 PCI-X video card or better.
dont forget a 64 bit porcessor there way more expensive, though there might be some fact in such a low os price, theyll want you to buy it as its so cheap then fool you into paying loads to upgrade
There will be many versions of it x64 32 bit and others. Remember this is just a rummer. If it is true in my first post it said that they are trying to cut back on the fakes and all of that. :eek:wned:

elite1percent

Reaction score
They very well might sell the lowly version of it for $99. I know they sell upgrade versions normally around that price. I don't think you'll be able to "upgrade" to vista so they will most likely sell a bare bone version for 99 that will help cut down on some pirating and then sell upgrades that open up its bells and whistles and useability. Or you can just spend the 235 for the whole thing. That sounds like Bill to me.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
NewFuture said:
Dewayne said:
They'll sell for 99 USD, while you spend another 800 USD upgrading your machine to 2gbs RAM, 3.2ghz or better processor and a 128mb x8 PCI-X video card or better.
dont forget a 64 bit porcessor there way more expensive, though there might be some fact in such a low os price, theyll want you to buy it as its so cheap then fool you into paying loads to upgrade

However the price of 64-bit processor is going to drop at that moment.
So the costs of upgrade may not b as large as we are nowadays.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Heres a bit of a run down on the vista platforms:

In the Home category, Microsoft will create four product editions:

Windows Vista Starter Edition
Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (previously known as "Uber" Edition)

In the Business category, there will are three editions:

Windows Vista Small Business Edition
Windows Vista Professional Edition
Windows Vista Enterprise Edition

Link to article

Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yup. There will be a starter version but I douvt that anyone would want that. I am going to get The best one. Which I think is ultimite edition.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
Auvee said:
Too overpriced TBH. Free > *.*.*
This will make everyone delighted, except that Microsoft will seriusy protest about it.

Last edited: