Samuels-Space.x10hosting.com - review please

lambada

Reaction score
http://www.samuels-space.x10hosting.com

Well it's designed to be a personal site featuring a blog, portfolio etc.

Planned features
  • User system (for frequent commenters')
  • Comments instantly updated into database rather than queued
Obviously you don't (currently ;) ) need to see the admin panel.

I'll welcome any criticisms of any aspect of the site e.g. layout., colours, missing features, unneeded features, complicated navigation, browser bugs etc.

Bugs i'm, aware of:
[*] Footer in IE not located correctly

If I add the improvement to my project management tool to later be integrated into the site I will pay the original poster of the idea 10 credits.

Final note: the site is entirely hand coded, thus if you find a security issue then i'll pay 20 credits (security is important after all ;) )

Last edited:

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
The blue links are hard to read against the black background. Also, will there be more users on the site than you?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Only two things I have problems with so far:

1) As taekwondokid42 said, the royal blue links on jet-black background are tricky to read. A lighter color should work just fine (a particular Joomla template I altered is using either html # 128ec2 or html # 0da19f; see if you like either of those better)

2) That header image looks to be half the front page tall - any particular reason for it to be so big? I'm all for cool stuff on sites usually, but that just seems overkill - I'm also on 1280x1024 and I'd still be scrolling down just to read whats on the front page.

Other than that I do like where it's going :)

nnelson

Reaction score
I agree with both the previous comments. Maybe some image-links would be good for the sidebar?

lambada

Reaction score
I've added the link-change to my to-do list - 10 credits to taekwondokid42
I've also added the header-image resize to my to-do list. I always thought it may be too big, but I was never sure. - 10 credits to Livewire
Image links are out of the question at the moment. The navigation bar is dynamically generated and a dynamic image generation system would be overkill. Sorry nnelson, nice idea though :)

And I plan for there to be more users than just me, although I can't force people to sign up and visit.

Keep the criticism coming guys and girls :)

dirtracer36

Reaction score
I think the blue on black links in the side bar, would be easier to read if they had some space in between each. In my Opera browser they are almost touching each other. Looks good, nice job.

sunils

Reaction score
Its a good site, but you could have changed the color for the menus. its less visible.

About the heading for the menus,

Change the color or reduce the heading height.

Apart from this the site looks great.

.....................x10 rocks.................

satheesh

Reaction score
Change the text color to Red or Bold Text.
resize the Logo because Logo bigger than Site.