Scripts taking users to main domain page

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero5854

Reaction score
Whenever I install a script, for example....Joomla....it takes the user or me even to the main domain page instead of the index page of the script.

When u install a script using Fanastico it wont obviously let you install any script to the root folder. So now the main page would be http://mysite.rcriot.com/main.html (example) name

but yet it goes to http://mysite.rcriot.com which is the page that shows a couple index folders and then of course when you click the "main" folder THEN it takes you to my site.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!:drool:

Zenax

Reaction score
a simple re-direct would be the quick and easy solution to this problem. Simply set one up in cPanel.

However, you should be able to install into the root as long as you have no conflicting files.

zero5854

Reaction score
a simple re-direct would be the quick and easy solution to this problem. Simply set one up in cPanel.

However, you should be able to install into the root as long as you have no conflicting files.

Well i did know about the redirect thing...HOWEVER...for the "you should be able to install to root" thing...its a no go.

Basically when I try to it tells me the directory is already there. It says to choose a name that is not already there and it will automatically install to that dir.

this makes no sense!

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
Fantasico is able to install to the public_html folder, I have done it the 1 time I have used it. If you still can't get it to do it, manually install the script then.

But, if you want your main page in the public_html folder to be main.html for example, then in the .htaccess file in the public_html folder (create it if it doesn't exist), put this

DirectoryIndex main.html index.php index.html

But, if you do this, in each subfolder, you will need to put in the .htaccess in that folder "DirectoryIndex index.php index.html" for it to display it correctly.

zero5854

Reaction score
Fantasico is able to install to the public_html folder, I have done it the 1 time I have used it. If you still can't get it to do it, manually install the script then.

But, if you want your main page in the public_html folder to be main.html for example, then in the .htaccess file in the public_html folder (create it if it doesn't exist), put this

DirectoryIndex main.html index.php index.html

But, if you do this, in each subfolder, you will need to put in the .htaccess in that folder "DirectoryIndex index.php index.html" for it to display it correctly.

Well it DID install to the public html dir. but I want it when u goto my main site to show my site NOT goto my root page as that would be a security risk. The directions you just gave would let me do this?? Sorry but im a noob to using a host that actually gives you alot of permissions unlike all the rest out there. Thanks

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Ok :) Go into your root dir in filemanager. Go into the www folder.

Delete all files/folders you do not want except those beginning wth _ or . or postinfo.html.

Then try installing it from Fantastico (Dont put anything in the install directory box, leave it blank).

zero5854

Reaction score
hmm well thanks for the response but I already installed vbulletin in my public folder...I will just setup a redirct...thanks!!

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
NULLED Scripts, SUch as your vBulletin copy (I believe), are not allowed on X10Hosting. Correct me if i am wrong, but there is no copyright link back to Jelsoft, etc.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
zero5854 When you prove to use that is not a nulled vb I will unsuspend you.

Tyrael

Reaction score
NULLED Scripts, SUch as your vBulletin copy (I believe), are not allowed on X10Hosting. Correct me if i am wrong, but there is no copyright link back to Jelsoft, etc.
I think the vbulletin customers can remove the copyright info for some fee.

Tyrael

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score

Jelsoft nor vBulletin is a link on legal boards either, they don't require a link like IP.Board, just the copyright text, which is still, the version number can be removed from that too;).

For the most proof, take a look at x10's footer, there is no link.

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
There used to be a way to tell if they were nulled by putting some code after the url.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
That was IP.Board, for vBulletin it's easiest to just put /file_id.diz in, sometimes it will show it's nulled, sometimes it won't.

The safest bet is to just contact vBulletin and ask them.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I wish vb would just allow others to check. It takes to log to contact them.

Tyrael

Reaction score
I think in this case, it would be good if you use "innocent until proven guilty" protocol instead of "guilty until proven innocent".

Tyrael

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
We really can't do that. If it is on our server and it is illegal then it has to come off. If it is nulled and we let it run then we are in crap to.

Tyrael

Reaction score
We really can't do that. If it is on our server and it is illegal then it has to come off. If it is nulled and we let it run then we are in crap to.

No, you are a hosting provider, you held no response for the customers uploads and you won't broke any laws, until you remove the content, when it's proved to broke the TOS, or the authorities or the owner of the illegal material ask you for remove it.

But from the other side:
I buy a software, and you want me to prove to you the origin of the material.
If I'm a singer, and I want to upload my songs, you wouldn't phone me, and ask me, to sing it for prove.
Sorry, I'm not good in examples. :(
I hope you understood what I want to say.

Tyrael

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If you were a singer you wouldn't be with a free hosting provider. Also we would still require proof of copyright.

Tyrael

Reaction score
"If you were a singer you wouldn't be with a free hosting provider."
it's not an argument, so I just skip it.

"Also we would still require proof of copyright."
How can you prove something, wich isn't copyrighted.
imsingingintheshower.mp3
How can I prove it's origin?

Tyrael

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.