Sending email through 3rd party apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplemi

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a simple WinForm app coded in c# that just simply sends a message to myself currently (to this hotmail account, from my x10 domain email account) - later, it will be to send emails to a subscribed mailing list

I keep getting the error "connection timed out" regardless how long I set it to, after looking online for a while it seems its possible theres an issue with the web service thats possibly blocking this connection?

I am using port 465 on SSL, to xo7.x10hosting.com trying to send from dev@simpleminded.x10host.com with the password for that email (also tried the password of my actual x10 account

Is there a step I am not doing correctly to cause the timeout? Looking online suggests:

1. It cannot reach the server
  2. It is blocked locally by the system firewall (which is outruled)
  3. Email or password is incorrect (also outruled)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

lylex10h

Reaction score
I'm also on xo7.x10hosting.com and was able to send using the settings in the screenshot with Outlook 2016

Attachments

• x10outlook2016.png
    x10outlook2016.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 7

simplemi

Reaction score
I'm also on xo7.x10hosting.com and was able to send using the settings in the screenshot with Outlook 2016
Hmm, well this is a WinForms app, so im not using anything like Outlook or emailing apps to send it, its through code - though I wonder if I could maybe inject Outlook's service to send it through running Outlook on my computer...?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Does "telnet xo7.x10hosting.com 465" work from your command prompt or does that timeout?

simplemi

Reaction score
Does "telnet xo7.x10hosting.com 465" work from your command prompt or does that timeout?
I get a blank screen (cmd) after entering it, no error so I guess it was successful - I also tried using hotmail which injects into a Outlook service, that seems to work, but isnt going through x10, its going through hotmail now - is there a way to let it go through x10 email or redirect it or something? Or, if what I described with the cmd command is accurate, to use x10's smtp again? (the issue with trying to use x10 account on hotmail smtp is that it doesnt recognize it to "authenticate" it, cause its not a hotmail or outlook account)

Status
Not open for further replies.