Sending & Not Sending email

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
Let me see if I can explain this so it makes sense. BTW I should say that this is the same setup I've used for years, and I've never had a problem before. So something has changed either on Joomla's end or x10hosting's end.

I have two domains, let's call them A.com & B.com

I set up a google suite account for domain B.com and I changed the MX records for domain B.com

Both domains have the following set under Email Routing: Automatically Detect Configuration : Local (recommended)

In Joomla 3.6.5 I have the following:
  • Mailer: SMTP
  • SMTP Host: illuminated.x10hosting.com
  • SMTP Port: 465
  • SMTP Security: SSL/TLS
  • SMTP Authentication: Yes
In cPanel's Email Accounts I have two email accounts setup. They are:
email@A.com & email@piratesgoldentertainment.x10.mx

Now here is my problem(s):
When I log into my personal email account and email whoever@B.com they receive the email. When I log into whoever@B.com and email my personal account I will receive the email. When whoever@B.com tries to email someone@B.com then they will receive the email.

When you go to A.com and fill out the contact form that is supposed to go to whoever@B.com they will not receive the email.

I went to cPanel and went into email@A.com's webmail and tried to send an email to whoever@B.com and the message failed with

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
whoever@b.com
No Such User Here

But if try to email myself from A.com's webmail I receive the email.

I hope this makes some sense. Please contact me privately for more information if needed.

Thanks,
Danielle

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you lylex10h for the help. Changing Automatically Detect Configuration (recommended) to Remote Mail Exchanger domain B worked.

I don't know why the recommended configuration worked at the beginning or for so long. I don't know if that was caused by an error that someone eventually found and fixed which broke my email. When things work and then break, it's mind boggling, when you don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.