Shop addition for names

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Ok. This is just a suggestion but maybe make it so in poples things when nthey post it says names and their avatar and such maybe we can buy like colors for our names but just in that spot. Like iot wont show up in whois online so its not confused with staff colours. Or maybe just a glow color around or be bale to buy a color stroke. or just something so its not so plain.

e.g. Like microtech has that green thing.

What do you think?

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
I like that idea too. I would buy green but thats just me.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Glow can be easily added but it doesn't work in FF, just in IE.

Colors: No way, it would get confusing.

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Scratch that, I wasnt paying attention to what i was writeing, im multitasking here, but i think glow is a good idea.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe, as soon as people don't start complaining about it doesn't showing in FF.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Why will it not show in ff and cant it be fixed?

Cynical

Reaction score
Who knows why, ask the FireFox developers. I don't think it displays correctly in Opera either...

I think colors of any kind, glowing or solid, would just be too confusing as the staff groups are already color-coded. This would be a good idea, however, if the staff didn't have colored names based on their groups (which is a good idea: easier to sort out staff from members in most cases).

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
How bout a glow just in posts. Only people using ie will buy it but so what?

Mani5

Reaction score
y anot a bad suggestion man...

I think we shud also hav lik we had b4 da Rank name change thing :D...

BTW RandomRadio/Senor u r rich man!!!! LUCKY!!

-Mani

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
i tihnk it would get kinda anoying after a while...

Colin

Reaction score
^^ I must agree with jake, eventually it would get annoying, and why do you want the colour of your name changed?? Its not like it will make that much of a difference, it will just get too confusing as said before.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
If the glows are tidy, it won't get annyoing. It depends on how the glow looks with the forums, if it looks messy or poor I guess it could be revoked because it would get annoying then.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
The glows are ok, but people with complain for them not workin in FF.
Ok, the glows are activated as well as shadows, you can buy them in the store. I'm not sure if any of these will work in FF/Opera etc. So buy them on your own risk.

Edit: I tested them and they seem to work only in IE. (both)

Last edited:

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Hey, i like these. I do think that the glows are a bit too intense but it ok! They look kool!

pensoftware

Reaction score
I think the colors with the grey doesn't look good. Any hope for the username color change? :)

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
pensoftware said:
I think the colors with the grey doesn't look good. Any hope for the username color change? :)

It was already stated in this thread that changing colours can be confusing to tell the difference between usergroups.

Jacob

Reaction score
The glows are good, but only if they aren't too full and don't get "in the way". The colors wouldn't be such a good idea. It'd be hard to distinguish between a staff memeber and a regular user.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's fine the way it is, You don't need the glow/colors it will all get confusing and the staff need to be seen so people don't send PMS for help off to random people with glow/color. Everything is running fine the way it is with the names.. You can alreddy underline them and such thats good enough.

Last edited: