*sigh* I need help starting... I'm desperately confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocoholic92

Reaction score
Ok I'm happy and I've got an account with the 2.5 gigs, but I'm confused after that. Is there a page creation tool that I'm not seeing? or if I have to make my own, which I'll do, where do I upload it? Thank you...

-Chocoholic92, the newbie...

dbforum

Reaction score
Look at fantastico. In fantastico you might find something you can use. If you want to make a CMS you could use drupal, typo3 or mambo ie. If you want to start a forum there is SMF and PhpBB. They are easy to install (especially with fantastico) and it's quite easy to learn using them.
If you tell more specific what kind of website you want to make people in the forums can maybe advice you what to use.

Maarten

Maurice

Reaction score
What I wonder, why he needs that much space when he doesn't even know how to make a website .

Ericsson

Banned
Reaction score
Just because someone doesnt know how to make a website doesnt mean there not going to need alot of space.

yhap2003

Reaction score
Boy these ppl are asking for a big plan and doesn't even know what to do with it or go about getting things done!!!

chocoholic92

Reaction score
Hm, thanx for your help, and I just didn't know if I had to do it or not! Sheesh don't really need to get in my face for that... and I need the space to host some videos. Should be taking up some chunk of room, lol.

nicholas

Reaction score
sportman3333333 said:
SMF doesnt work well fantasico. I learned that from exprenice.

agree. i too have try SMF from fantastico. problematic. I rather do it the old "manual way" :laughing:

sportman3333333

Red Sox Won!!!!!!
Reaction score
Since it was the first release. They always have problems. It takes some releases to get it working good.

nicholas

Reaction score
chocoholic92 said:
Ok I'm happy and I've got an account with the 2.5 gigs, but I'm confused after that. Is there a page creation tool that I'm not seeing? or if I have to make my own, which I'll do, where do I upload it? Thank you...

-Chocoholic92, the newbie...

i understand what u mean. some hosts have page creation tool to help create webpages. i guess u are not use to the wonderful options available in the cpanel yet :eek:riginal:

chocoholic92

Reaction score
Alright, I'm in the middle of creating a webpage, thanx for all ur help guys! And I won't post what I'm using to make it, unless I want to get laughed into outer space. lol.

Origin

Reaction score
I'll ask for you, yhap :p

Are they legal? Did you make them?

yhap2003

Reaction score
Yeah something like that. But hey it's not my problem to mind anyones business. So i'll just shut my mouth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.