Sign-In Directly to cPanel File Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plexuske

Reaction score
Most of the time if I want to make a quick change to my site I only need to visit the File Manager page and upload a file. Is there a way to bypass the "My Websites" area and open File Manager first, assuming I'd have to enter my cPanel credentials?

lylex10h

Reaction score
You can manually log in to cPanel by going to https://xo#.x10hosting.com:2083/ and then just click "File Manger" in the Files box.** I am not familiar with "My Websites"; I think that is a x10hosting Basic thing.

**NOTE this DOES NOT count as a log in towards logging in every 30 days.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there's no way to login directly to the filemanager area, you might be able to login using the cPanel signin page which would bypass the portal, but the time saved is minimal and it does NOT log you as active.

I'd suggest using ftp in your case, as that is the fastest way if you only need to upload a file and not edit one (though many ftp clients handle edit as well by first downloading and opening a copy and re-uploading the edited file on save and close).

plexuske

Reaction score
lylex10h, correct, x10hosting Basic thing. And thanks for the reminder that :2082 doesn't count towards logging in, that was my next best option but I wasn't aware it wouldn't count towards the 30 days.
Anna, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't looked into using FTP yet but it sounds like that's the key.
Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.