site either not found or slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
bigguy said:
NedreN said:
If *anything* loads and you get a mysql error, like "Couldn't connect to database" or something like that, mysql is down. If you get a "Connection refused" or "blahblahblah.com Could not be found", then its apache thats down. Right now they are both up.

Well from what I understand thats not exactly true....I could be wrong ...but thats close to it anyway

How so? If your getting any output to your browser, apache, (the http server/webserver), must be up and running. So if you get *any* output to your browser, and dont get a connection error, Apache is running. If you get output of some type, but you get a mysql error, then apache is running and mysql is messed up in some way. Most people should already know that.. by common sense.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
How so? If your getting any output to your browser, apache, (the http server/webserver), must be up and running. So if you get *any* output to your browser, and dont get a connection error, Apache is running. If you get output of some type, but you get a mysql error, then apache is running and mysql is messed up in some way. Most people should already know that.. by common sense.

Ok ...LOL I guess I was reading it wrong and typing to fast you are right ... I thought you said that backwards... :)

NewFuture

Reaction score
ok, will it get faster? it used to be superfast, i no im impatient and complaining, its free so i do realise there will be times when its not as good

Articz

Reaction score
Now this is what you call a server overload

and the server will get faster again it will just take time for all the errors to be sorted out

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
There is a forum called cpanel ...not sure of the addy but I think thats were ppl are going to get the status when the sites go down :)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah there is a problem right now. It`ll be back shortly

NewFuture

Reaction score
can anyone get onto control panel, it seems to be taking ages to laod and says 'Web site not responding (Error 502)' can someone please try if they can get on?

NewFuture

Reaction score
oh, no i didnt, soz, thx anyway, well i didn't realise there were a problem with contolpanel

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they messed something up when they reloaded the OS, it was fine before the reload, now there is even an extra gig of memory but it's crashing. There's not much I can do besides wait for them to figure it out =(

-Corey

Cycloneflame

Reaction score
This is said alot, but the site is trying to recover from that muck-up. So, should we stop being simple-minded and start reading the News? (No offense)

NewFuture

Reaction score
id just though id tell you my site has gone fully down, you probably already know this, caused by problem at moment, jus saying tho

t72at72a

Reaction score
I hope all sites will be up and running again very soon :eek:riginal:

Status
Not open for further replies.