[Site Review] TheJeffsta's Habbo Help

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Ok, I have nearlly completed my newly renovated website.

The URL: http://www.thejeffsta.x10hosting.com/habbo/

I currently have a few problems that I wish to resolve but I would also like to hear about all the errors and screwups that you find to help me improve the website. Current errors/screwups I am aware of are the white border of the Inline Frame in Internet Explorer, and ya, I have just finished fixing the others I was aware of.

I also have a few more forms and possibly more applications to be made and uploaded e.g. Contact Us form, etc.

I need suggestions on what to add and what pages could be improved, and possibly how you think they/it can be improved.

I would appreciate all suggestions and criticism, as long as it isn't rubbishing Habbo as Habbo is not my product and I only want suggestions/ideas to do with my website.

Thanks in advance,

M

minievan

[1] In opera, Nothing is alligned, wether its just opera or your website.
[2] On the download now pages, If you click a download, they open within the iFrame. Make them open in a SEPERATE window.
[3] Your forum is dull! I came across a habbo styled theme for IPB Before, If I can find it again, I'll link you.

Flashgear

Reaction score
4) The banner background colours done match the IPB default skin background.
5) the navagation at the top Exchange is below the rest of the navagation, there is room for it in between forums rules and downloads :p
6) change the skin, ipb default sucks

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
[1] In opera, Nothing is alligned, wether its just opera or your website.

Ill download Opera and try it, and see if I can fix it at all.

[2] On the download now pages, If you click a download, they open within the iFrame. Make them open in a SEPERATE window

Hmm.. Thought I did that. Oh well, settings may have changes after copying and pasting from old download content page. This has now been changed.

6) change the skin, ipb default sucks

I am hoping to get a new template for IPB as soon as I can find an appropriate one that is sort of (atleast) related to Habbo. If anyone owns a template like this, could you please send it to me.

4) The banner background colours done match the IPB default skin background.

I wasn't really aiming to get it to match the forum that much, the forum is just their as a forum. The problem with this atm is that I haven't finalised my IPB skin choice and also have to correct a few minor problems that arise in IE and possible other browsers. Or were you meaning the forum header? The header of the forum is the default one, just with a few pictures added to it and some writing.

5) the navagation at the top Exchange is below the rest of the navagation, there is room for it in between forums rules and downloads :p

What size is your screen and what resolution?

It all fits on my 17" screen with a resolution of 1280 pixels by 1024 pixels. It all also fits on my 15" laptop with a resolution of 1024 pixels by 768 pixels.

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
The site doesn't really fit together very well. Its too random. Try making a site with tables/divs pieced together instead of seperate. It gives the users a sense of organization and 'solidness'.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
It is made using tables. The only problem is the inline frame for the content of each page and probably the design and layout.

randomize

Reaction score
I like the layout, and it fits on my 17" tft monitor with a res of 1280 x 1024.

My only advice is to remove the inline frame, and think of another way, ad the frame just looks rubbish!

Other wise, I like the navigation, and banner!

Keep up good work!

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Im going to get rid of the frame borders, since I am unable to get the content frame to be like the rest and not have the navigation one not be.

--------------------------------------------

I have now decided to redo the whole site, well I haven't just decided, i've actually already redone it all and is now up.

Unfortunately I cannot get that damn iframe which holds the current News Headlines to make it load the articles in the whole page of the page they are viewing, not the frame, but all of the opening settings e.g. _blank and _parent, wont work or else it is just my computer that has cached and refused to let go of the unchanged version of the file.

Last edited: