Slow Hosting Account Creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatAqua

Reaction score
At approximately 12:00AM PST I attempted to create a free hosting account. As of 1:35 AM PST I am still receiving a message stating that my signup is processing, and "This usually takes less than 45 seconds. We'll automatically update the page when it's ready."

KatAqua

Reaction score
It appears to have been resolved, although I would like an administrator to perhaps explain the discrepancy between the time estimate, and the nearly fourteen hours it actually took

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Without being 100% sure I believe the command-processing queue jammed up; an admin restarted it for me about two hours ago after I reported the inactivity suspensions that weren't lifting. That same queue also handles account creations, and it's a first-in-first-out queue system so if it gets stuck, nothing would run through until it got restarted. Usually when it jams, it thinks a command is still processing that is actually done, so it still continues to process the commands behind it (there's multiple "workers" pulling from the queue) until it eventually realizes the mistake and self-corrects, but this round looks to have jammed them all.

It should be running smoothly again and shouldn't happen again in the near future; I don't actually remember the last time the queue completely stopped and had to be fully kick-restarted before.

Status
Not open for further replies.