SMTP connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleb200

Reaction score
I'm using HESK on my site and instead of sending with PHP I'm trying to send with SMTP, however when I enter the SMTP server address it throws a connection error. This seems like a problem on the host end. Here's the logs from HESK.
Screenshot 2018-04-16 at 12.49.36 PM.png

lylex10h

Reaction score
Use an email account that you have created in cPanel.
cPanel --> Mail box --> Email Accounts --> More (right of account@domain) --> Configure Email Client --> use settings below Manual Settings.

kyleb200

Reaction score
The problem here is that I already have delegated my MX to yandex mail for domains, which has unlimited storage. It makes no sense to use x10hosting as of now. That brings me to use the SMTP in Hesk so I can send emails from that service.

kyleb200

Reaction score
That wouldn't work though, everything is setup to go thru Yandex because I'm trying to send it to other people instead of just to me.

lylex10h

Reaction score
The error, Network is unreachable, is the same. I'm 99.9% positive that the free x10hosting web servers block access to external SMTP servers (for abuse and other reasons).
You can send to other people using an account setup in cPanel. You may need to modify the SPF record at CloudFlare if you are sending from a @kyleb.ml account.

Also: cPanel --> MX Entry --> Domain: kyleb.ml --> Remote Mail Exchanger --> click the [Change] button.

Status
Not open for further replies.