Software to clean up computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
I am looking for software that gets rid of junk in your computer and cleans out files. Also looking for a computer helper program. Any body know any good softwares , ( not antivirus)

T

Tapeyman

MS Antispyware eliminates Ad/Spy/Malware, but isnt as good as Webroot's Spysweeper.

But chaganlal1was asking for a utility for cleaning up windows and unecessary hard drive junk. Try Window Washer, also by Webroot. www.webroot.com

Norton Cleansweep has effective clean-up tools as well.

Both work great. I personally use Cleansweep for weekly or once-in-a-while cleaning up.

:)

NewFuture

Reaction score
well:
Microsoft Anti Spyware
Adaware
Regseeker
Norton System Works (Has great cleaning tools)- Norton Cleansweep, Norton Windoctor ect
System works is a must get

funindia

Reaction score
Hi! I'm using System Mechanics, it a very good one also very little tool but works as a big.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
All of those arent exactly free lol anybody know of one that you dont have to pay for or you can get a trial of? thanks

N

Nathan

avast! Antivirus
Ad-Aware SE
Microsoft Antispyware
Spybot Search & Destroy
CrapCleaner
EasyCleaner

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Alright you sure all are free, oh well ill have a look anyways thanks guys. If theyre REALLY godo i might buy full versions :) - thanks all

N

Nathan

chaganlal1 said:
Alright you sure all are free, oh well ill have a look anyways thanks guys. If theyre REALLY godo i might buy full versions :) - thanks all

All mine are free. :eek:riginal:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Crapcleaner
Microsoft Anti-Spyware
Norton Anti-spyware (BETA)
SPYSWEEPER

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Alright guys thanks i found Adaware Regseeker and SPYSWEEPER to be very usefull found 41 infections..gosh.

N

Nathan

Spybot and Microsoft are good antispywares too. I'm trying to think of a light weight antivirus like Avast...go to MajorGeeks.com and look around.

n4tec

Reaction score
chaganlal1 said:
Alright guys thanks i found Adaware Regseeker and SPYSWEEPER to be very usefull found 41 infections..gosh.

Wow, that many. I should get a copy of that software too...

N

Nathan

nforchange said:
chaganlal1 said:

Wow, that many. I should get a copy of that software too...

Microsoft, Spybot and Ad-Aware keeps my system clean. :blink:

limelight

Reaction score
Tapeyman said:
MS Antispyware eliminates Ad/Spy/Malware, but isnt as good as Webroot's Spysweeper.

But chaganlal1was asking for a utility for cleaning up windows and unecessary hard drive junk. Try Window Washer, also by Webroot. www.webroot.com

Norton Cleansweep has effective clean-up tools as well.

Both work great. I personally use Cleansweep for weekly or once-in-a-while cleaning up.

:)

I'm not so sure about that.

CallForHelp (a computer show on g4techtv) has a chart about the free spyware things and it has MS Antispyware as one of the best. But it only detects about half the spyware on a comptuer.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Why wouldnt it do the full job, gosh i hate this spyware and adware on my computer its too much to ruin a 1200 dollar computer

N

Nathan

chaganlal1 said:
Why wouldnt it do the full job, gosh i hate this spyware and adware on my computer its too much to ruin a 1200 dollar computer

Hate to say it, but this'll teach you. :getlost:

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
I Like to use Track Eraser Pro from acesoft.com and sometimes i use easy cleaner for cleaning the registry.

chaganlal1 said:
I am looking for software that gets rid of junk in your computer and cleans out files. Also looking for a computer helper program. Any body know any good softwares , ( not antivirus)

Vietkid58

Reaction score
just to clean up temp files and stuff, use Crap Cleaner (aka CCleaner)

its free and u can get it on download.com

it cleans temp files and old registries and stuff like that. really useful

Kurther Reich

Reaction score
registry mechanic is great, Spyware doctor is also great, spybot s&d, microsoft antispyware, norton antivirus are really good for the most part. But if you're lookin to just kinda maximize space, defrag your comp. hope I helped! Oh, and all of those programs you can get for free (exceot norton), not trials either, you just have to search.
-Reich

Status
Not open for further replies.