Special FTP accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

joomlax1

Reaction score
How do I change the password of special FTP accounts? there is no button to change the password.

Also, there is no button to request a new password or to reset the old password?

Any ideas?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Your special FTP account's credentials will always be the same as your cPanel username and password. You should be able to login by using your .x10host.com domain as the FTP host, and your cPanel username and password. :)

Thank you,

joomlax1

Reaction score
It still doesn't work. I know my password is correct because I can login using the cPanel. I get this message:

Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER xxxxxxxx
Response: 331 User xxxxxxxx OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to serve

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you try again now? If you are still having problems, please ensure you are using joomlax1 as your FTP username, and your .x10host.com domain as your FTP "host".

Thank you,

joomlax1

Reaction score
Just tried it using the special ftp account and still no go!!!

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER joomlax1@joomla.x10host.com
Response: 331 User joomlax1@joomla.x10host.com OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I am using exactly the same password as I am using on these forums and when I am logging in to my cPanel. So password can't be the problem. It is the server configuration issues playing here IMHO seeing from afar!!!

I am now trying all the different encryption method to see if anything works.

2015_03_21_1949.png

Attachments

• 2015-03-21_1949.png
    2015-03-21_1949.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 1

joomlax1

Reaction score
It's getting worse by the day. Now I can't even login to my cpanel. See this message:

2015_03_21_1957.png

I am sure this has something to do with last month's attack!! Any chance of resetting the configuration of the servers to defaults so that we can login as before?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Your user name is: joomlax1 not joomlax1@joomla.x10host.com

Please PM me the IP address you're connecting from, you're most likely blocked by the firewall for failed attempts.

joomlax1

Reaction score
Would it help if I stopped logging on to my website for 1 month or more so that it gets deleted and so I can start all over again?

I have managed to find my backup and I tested them on my localhost and they work perfectly well. Now what I can do is to upload this backup on byet host until this service gets up to scratch to allow me to start again.

My IP keeps changing all the time because I use college computers and sometimes I use from home which also keeps changing.

Best thing is to start again to see if there is any improvement to this free service. I guess, the free service is as good as you get for free so there won't be any real improvement per se!!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The negativity you're spreading around the forum will make it less likely that someone will put in the effort to help you. The majority of people that respond and help out here on the forums are volunteers, having some patience and respect will go a long way to getting any issues you have resolved.

Re-creating your account will not help anything, not logging in will not help anything. Creating an account on a Monday (as you suggested in another thread) will not help anything.

Logging into FTP with incorrect login information will always result in the same outcome... a failed login.

As I previously mentioned above, your username to login to FTP is joomlax1, NOT joomlax1@joomlax1.x10host.com. If this *still* fails you're most likely blocked somewhere due to the failed login attempts. Alternatively we can also reset your password and confirm FTP connectivity on our end. The FTP server is up and working on the server you're on so this is a credential issue, not a service issue.

We're happy to assist you but we can't help you if you don't want to help yourself.

joomlax1

Reaction score
The negativity you're spreading around the forum will make it less likely that someone will put in the effort to help you. The majority of people that respond and help out here on the forums are volunteers, having some patience and respect will go a long way to getting any issues you have resolved.

Re-creating your account will not help anything, not logging in will not help anything. Creating an account on a Monday (as you suggested in another thread) will not help anything.

Logging into FTP with incorrect login information will always result in the same outcome... a failed login.

As I previously mentioned above, your username to login to FTP is joomlax1, NOT joomlax1@joomlax1.x10host.com. If this *still* fails you're most likely blocked somewhere due to the failed login attempts. Alternatively we can also reset your password and confirm FTP connectivity on our end. The FTP server is up and working on the server you're on so this is a credential issue, not a service issue.

We're happy to assist you but we can't help you if you don't want to help yourself.

I have tried everything and have come to the conclusion that this service is crap provided by a bunch of amateurs and hobyists. I doubt there is any help on these forums or from the owners. I have simply moved on to [removed]. I was thinking of taking out a premium service where I could demand a fix immediately but decided to go for the professionals at [removed].

Life is too short to worry about this crap service.

Good bye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Our service is functioning normally, and there are no issues with our free hosting service. We have been providing free hosting for over 10 years, and I can assure you we are not "amateurs". Unfortunately, it is very difficult for us to provide support when no information is being provided.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck at your new hosting provider. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.