Splashup, almost a photoshop.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
So my friend sent me this cool website, and it's almost like photoshop! With filters, layers and everything!
I think it's great for people who can't afford it. The best part? It's completely free.

http://www.splashup.com/

Show your finished work here! :]

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
You have to download the GIMP [plus the windows version of it isn't that good.], you can use Splashup right on the webpage!

Slothie

Reaction score
The windoze version is fine, but splashup's cool too.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
It is sure a nice alternative if you don't have photoshop or gimp on your computer but the software solutions are always more powerful and don't care about internet connection.

nakg0d

Reaction score
interface-wise, it looks great.. though, i will stick with my photoshop. ^_^

Thirsteen

Reaction score
It doesn't have a pen tool!!!

That should be a graphic head's best friend!!!

Otherwise it's decent, since I have learned everything from Photoshop I guess I wouldn't be to open minded to this, but I will admit it's VERY impressive for an online software, and I recommend it to any school that can't find room in their budget for REAL graphic software.

Emihaumut

Reaction score
That is really cool actually. I like the gradient tool in splashup more than I do in photoshop O.O Too bad I still prefer Photoshop, namely because splashup likes to lag a bit on me.

Swiblet

Reaction score
I prefer Photoshop, but this is an AMAZING discovery! Those people really did amazing things with Flash!

~~Ben

shaunak

Reaction score
Amazing....
Great if you have a few images to edit and dont wanna install excess junk on your system just to do that......

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
While I much rather prefer Photoshop(since it is a full application with many more features and such), this is still very impressive. The thing I like most about this is it is bringing in the next generation of web development and webOS type development.

It would be cool if things like this continue to grow. Then you won't need money to be a great graphic artist or web developer, you will have web apps that let you work as if you had all these apps on your pc.

Another good advantage is for people who are sometimes or often at a PC that they don't have the rights to download or install apps on. Mainly public PCs. With things like this you can work on so many things just as if you were at home on your desktop, but you can be anywhere, having your data saved online and then using web apps such as this to get .exe app functionality.

10/10, two thumbs up, A+

Any more finds like this?

deadimp

Reaction score
It seems pretty interesting, but I tried to open a 1.7M JPG image and it took a crap load of time, which doesn't make sense since it should it should all stay client-side unless you explicitly upload it. Plus, it was extremely slow on my 2.4GHz Intel QuadCore... efficiency comes into question.
I'll just stick with screwing around in inkscape, Paint.NET, and GIMP.

It kind of reminds of this other web app. It was a working office suite Java applet. Forgot the name of it, though...

Last edited: