SQL Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Reaction score
What is my SQL Database Name, SQL Username, and SQL Password? I need it for the forum creation.

Ericsson

Banned
Reaction score
You can create one from the cpanel. Click on MySQL and just create them.

Maurice

Reaction score
You can create a database at your Cpanel. And you can insert the name, username, and the password yourself.

EDIT: Ericcson posted just before me :(.

hazardu5

Reaction score
Easy Steps:

1. Go to http://yoururl.com/cpanel/ (Use the username/password provided with your hosting details)

2. Click 'MySQL Databases'

3. Enter a database name in the 'Db' field and click 'Add DB' to create the database. (the database will then come up on the list as 'yourhostingusername_databasename'. I.e. if your username was 'bob' and the name you entered for the database is 'phpbb' then the actual name of the database that you use is 'bob_phpbb'

4. In the 'Users:' field enter a username and password for a new MySQL user. Again, similar to step 3 the username will end up lookin like this if you typed in the user name 'phpbbuser' - MySQL Username: 'bob_phpbbuser'

5. Then where it says 'privilages' select the MySQL user and database from the two drop down list and then click 'Add user to db'. What this will do is allow you to connect to the created database using the username and password that you just created.

6. Go into your forum/cms or whatever installer and enter 'localhost' for the database host, enter your MySQL database name, username & password. Make sure you select MySQL 4.x as your database type if required.

Hope this helps :)

Shadow

Reaction score
Thanx I got the forum up..now I just need the banner :teeth_smi .

Greik Ancient

Reaction score
I tryed it, but it doesn't work.

I get this error Connection error:

Access denied for user: 'Greik@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Please help? I don't get it. In my cpanel in the MySQL Account Maintenance after php it says $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "sgcclan_Greik", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("sgcclan_ipb"); What that mean? I need help.

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
@Greik Ancient, When you are putting in the data, sgcclan_Greik instead of greik? the database and username you put in when making one automatically get your cpanel username add as a prefix. Also you should of started a new topic!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Your database name will always be your username_databasename so greik_database same goes for your username, if your username is greik for that database it will be greik_greik.

-Corey

Greik Ancient

Reaction score
I put all that in the ipb install, and i got this-

Warning!

The following errors must be rectified before continuing!
Please go back and try again!

Connection error:

Access denied for user: 'sgcclan_Greik@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Status
Not open for further replies.