SQL Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by repriev2, Feb 5, 2018.

1. repriev2

repriev2 New Member

Hello Everyone, I am trying to use an Akeeba Backup Site Wizard to transfer my site, all seems to be going well, until I try to connect to MY SQL, I have no idea what the database names etc should be, I've created a SQL in my control panel, but I can't connect to it, I basically don't have a clue..

So if anybody could help me, it would be much appreciated..

2. lylex10h

lylex10h Active Member

Host: localhost
    Database: cPanelUserName_DatabaseName
    User: cPanelUserName_DatabaseUserName
    Password: Password for cPanelUserName_DatabaseUserName

• Like Like x 1
  3. repriev2

repriev2 New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply, ah yeh that looks the sort of thing, but I'm still unsure whether I need to create an SQL database, and a user to use it, which I have done, or am I entering the information of the site I am transferring.. First time I've tried to transfer a site, I'm sure it's a doddle once I know what I'm doing lol..

4. lylex10h

lylex10h Active Member

I would guess that you need to input the new database/database user information in Akeeba Backup Site Wizard so that it can import your database from the previous hosting provider.

5. repriev2

repriev2 New Member

Yeh I need to be certain really, as last time I tried it crashed, so I'll wait until I know for sure what I am doing.. I have the SQL info from the last site, but I don't know which one it's connected to, the old site or the current one lol, the databases are included in the back up I know that much..

6. lylex10h

lylex10h Active Member