Sry for the stupid question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zen-r

Reaction score
Strange, I don't have SiteReptile either, as per zubair12's attachment.

However, if you look inside Fantastico, there is instead Soholaunch Pro Edition, & Templates Express.

I'd be interested to know why zubair12 has that extra one, though (& does he also have the other 2 inside Fantastico?)

Elesarr

Reaction score
Strange, I don't have SiteReptile either, as per zubair12's attachment.

However, if you look inside Fantastico, there is instead Soholaunch Pro Edition, & Templates Express.

I'd be interested to know why zubair12 has that extra one, though (& does he also have the other 2 inside Fantastico?)

heh same here no Sitebuilder and I'm on Stoli now ;)

Edit:

maybe its something the paid servers get?:dunno:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I'm on free hosting - Stoli also.

Perhaps zubair12 is on paid? Or perhaps x10 gave him the SiteBuilder for beginners, because they'd seen his webdesign skills elsewhere?! ;)

Elesarr

Reaction score

Perhaps zubair12 is on paid? Or perhaps x10 gave him the SiteBuilder for beginners, because they'd seen his webdesign skills elsewhere?! ;)

hehe I just edited my post you're much tooo fast zen-r :lol:

taha116

Reaction score
Yeah ive noticed some free servers have the builders, some dont, some have a virus scanner , some dont. Its wierd.. has anyone brought up this issueor pointed this out to x10hosting yet?

tbank ceo

Reaction score
I have the virus scanner also, but no site builder. What server are you guys on? Lotus?

zen-r

Reaction score
Yeah ive noticed some free servers have the builders, some dont, some have a virus scanner , some dont. Its wierd.. has anyone brought up this issueor pointed this out to x10hosting yet?

I've not seen it anywhere.

There are lots of things I'd like to bring up, including my GeoCities thread ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...rget-geocities-users.html?highlight=geocities

...and my suggestion to put the News in just 1 thread, so we can receive email notifications if something new happens. With so many new News threads being started, people keep missing them. At least Corey followed my suggestion & started to add a date to the title of each Update thread :) ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...ble-post-announcements-thread.html#post548067

Unfortunately, staff are always so busy, there never seems like a good time to bring up & develop these new suggestions.

Elesarr

Reaction score
I've not seen it anywhere.

There are lots of things I'd like to bring up, including my GeoCities thread ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...rget-geocities-users.html?highlight=geocities

...and my suggestion to put the News in just 1 thread, so we can receive email notifications if something new happens. With so many new News threads being started, people keep missing them. At least Corey followed my suggestion & started to add a date to the title of each Update thread :) ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...ble-post-announcements-thread.html#post548067

Unfortunately, staff are always so busy, there never seems like a good time to bring up & develop these new suggestions.

Far as the news threads go, one can subscribe to the topic via the Thread Tools, so I started receiving new post updates as Corey made them, only thing is requires a bit of end-user due-diligence to make sure they visit often enough to know what is going on so they can subscribe ;)

Auto subscription to such threads when made would be AWESOME! Better than chocolate I'd imagine! :lol:

Last edited:

tbank ceo

Reaction score
Now, what I realized is that I can't access my Cpanel anymore. I thought this was the best free service, now I think I'm gonna change my mind...

Elesarr

Reaction score
Now, what I realized is that I can't access my Cpanel anymore. I thought this was the best free service, now I think I'm gonna change my mind...

as stated in the news and announcements board there is still about a week or so of work they need to do before everything is stable again...trust me this is the best free host around ;)

tbank ceo

Reaction score
I bet they'll say that in a week again. I just hope ASP.NET is supported again in a few days. If not, I came here for no reason.

Elesarr

Reaction score
I bet they'll say that in a week again. I just hope ASP.NET is supported again in a few days. If not, I came here for no reason.

I' pretty sure they won't ;) I've been with them a long time and they have always provided good support to us free-hosters, I've honestly got nothing to complain about. You picked a hectic time to move here is all :)

You can read about my personal experience at other free hosts here: cPanel Login Problems

it'll smooth out soon enough ;)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Far as the news threads go, one can subscribe to the topic via the Thread Tools, so I started receiving new post updates as Corey made them, only thing is requires a bit of end-user due-diligence to make sure they visit often enough to know what is going on so they can subscribe ;)

Auto subscription to such threads when made would be AWESOME! Better than chocolate I'd imagine! :lol:

Hehe. I'm not sure, you might be misunderstanding me.

To clarify just in case: (the thread I linked to explains it better) :

If we subscribe to a News thread, we get notified every time someone posts. This was a nightmare when people were able to add comments to Corey's News threads. Our complaint (initiated by me) fixed this. Comments now have a separate thread to the actual Update thread. So now we only get notified when Corey adds to his News Update thread, & not dozens of times a day, for every comment that a member adds. Great!

HOWEVER.....he keeps starting new Update threads rather than just sticking to 1 thread. We never receive notifications of new threads until we happen to find them & subscribe to them. Hence people keep missing the latest news. :happysad:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Hehe. I'm not sure, you might be misunderstanding me.

To clarify just in case: (the thread I linked to explains it better) :

If we subscribe to a News thread, we get notified every time someone posts. This was a nightmare when people were able to add comments to Corey's News threads. Our complaint (initiated by me) fixed this. Comments now have a separate thread to the actual Update thread. So now we only get notified when Corey adds to his News Update thread, & not dozens of times a day, for every comment that a member adds. Great!

HOWEVER.....he keeps starting new Update threads rather than just sticking to 1 thread. We never receive notifications of new threads until we happen to find them & subscribe to them. Hence people keep missing the latest news. :happysad:

lol.. well not entirely misunderstood this part certainly applies:

lol!

zen-r

Reaction score
lol.. well not entirely misunderstood this part certainly applies:

lol!

Agreed. I'd still prefer just 1 News thread, then auto-subs wouldn't be necessary. ;)

I realise that one can subscribe to the News Forum, but then one would get a lot of irrelevant thread notifications as well.

We could have just 1 News thread for each server. 1 News thread for Forum news. 1 News thread for General news..... & I'm open to suggestions for a few other possible topics!

That way, I can subscribe to news on General, Forums & Stoli, & ignore news on the other servers. And I'd always know if something new was announced because I'd be notified without having to keep searching the forum.

Will it ever happen? Who knows?!! :biggrin:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Agreed. I'd still prefer just 1 News thread, then auto-subs wouldn't be necessary. ;)

I realise that one can subscribe to the News Forum, but then one would get a lot of irrelevant thread notifications as well.

We could have just 1 News thread for each server. 1 News thread for Forum news. 1 News thread for General news..... & I'm open to suggestions for a few other possible topics!

That way, I can subscribe to news on General, Forums & Stoli, & ignore news on the other servers. And I'd always know if something new was announced because I'd be notified without having to keep searching the forum.

Will it ever happen? Who knows?!! :biggrin:

oh yes! I like that! :cool:

We should start a campaign to elect you to staff status so you can do that! ;)

Think how much faster it will get done!!! :biggrin:

zen-r

Reaction score
Nah, I'm sure I'd be just the same as them. Things always seem greener until you get to the other side!

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score

I am also on free hosting. and also on lotus. I also don`t have site builder. The attachment is from
my friend`s chopin cpanel. He is also free user.

My cpanel attachment is there

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I am also on free hosting. and also on lotus. I also don`t have site builder. The attachment is from
my friend`s chopin cpanel. He is also free user.

My cpanel attachment is there

Yes, that looks more like mine, except you also have Perl & a couple of PHP's in there - perhaps you requested them.

As for your "friend" - he seems to be the only one with SiteBuilder. I do remember that some months ago, a member of staff announced somewhere that we now have SiteBuilder in our panel. So unless it's been removed temporarily during the upgrades, we should still have it. :dunno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.