StarCraft II Starter Edition -- download advice

smithee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently downloading StarCraft II: Starter Edition by using the Blizzard Downloader. However it is only running at 80KB/s download speed, which means that it'll take a full day to complete it! I'm currently downloading it at one of my friend's house, but will soon have to go to mine, which involves the laptop not having access to an internet connection for at least 15 minutes to get from one place to another.

Does the downloader have some sort of resume function, in case the connection is dropped? I don't really want to restart the download if this will happen. Also my home connection has a tendency to drop every so often. If so, will it be safe to put the computer to sleep with the downloader open, which hopefully will resume from where it's left of from?

For anyone who's interested in getting the game, go to http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3250656#blog. You'll need a Battle.net account to play online, which can be created for free.

Many thanks! :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It should; the Blizzard Downloader is a combination HTTP/Bittorrent downloading system, and bittorrent has resume enabled. The only way it -shouldn't- resume is if part of the file were to get corrupted; bittorrent would tell it to redownload that piece until it gets it right.

nate221263

Reaction score
for me, disabling the peer-to-peer transfer increased my download speeds. :p just saying. go the the preferences/options(been awhile) and disable it there.