Starka DDoS Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Starka is\has been under a DDoS attack. One of the larger ones we've seen... we're still working to mitigate it.

gianficaro67

Reaction score
so this is why my site keeps going offline, mysql keeps going offline, and the ftp keeps getting errors and disconnecting me i hope who ever is doing that dies a hateful thing to say but they have got a site to a 80% lag

Last edited:

nandifamily

Reaction score
I dunno what these bunch of madmen are trying to prove on x10 servers. And comment spam is always there.

sperko

Reaction score
its still.. cant u ban them?
If it's a larger one meaning that it's bigger than most others they've seen then you can't just ban them 1 by 1, you'll have to ban a whole range of IP's.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't just ban them one by one at all. Not only are they bouncing IPs all over the place, but the attack makes it very hard to access the server to do anything about it.

robstime

Reaction score
Well this explains the incredible lag on my website, still its up and running, im impressed by that, most other servers would of given up completely if its as big as you say :p

Still Ddos attacks are a way of life in the internet, there is always going to be some websites affected by one, we just have to wait it out and get over it.

patrik.richardson81

Reaction score
i don't want to act like a pro or that i know anything of it :p

but it are simple connections that are made, can't u just block the ips with more then X connections in a specific time Y.
sounds simple but yeah i just want to get it fixed because it's not possible to create a site without ftp these days.. manually uploading doesn't work neither

slycooperfan1

Reaction score
I'm afraid all of these constant attacks and the lack of adept response time and effort by the staff have caused me to leave x10. I can't keep my website here just to see it go down all the time by constant attacks. You guys need more security to prevent this stuff from happening.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm afraid all of these constant attacks and the lack of adept response time and effort by the staff have caused me to leave x10. I can't keep my website here just to see it go down all the time by constant attacks. You guys need more security to prevent this stuff from happening.

If stopping a DDoS attack was easy, no one would do them. And, you're never going to be safe from DDoS attacks at any host considering anyone could be targeted at any time for any reason. If Anonymous can take down major websites, what makes you think that a similar attack can't take down X10?

renr3n

Reaction score
I have seen a discussion of a forum that is requesting to take this website down. His x10 account was suspended and requested to take revenge. I have a few important information to tell but I think it wouldn't be good if I post it here. Should I pm admins about this?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I have seen a discussion of a forum that is requesting to take this website down. His x10 account was suspended and requested to take revenge. I have a few important information to tell but I think it wouldn't be good if I post it here. Should I pm admins about this?

Email a screenshot (in case they nuke it) and a link to abuse@x10hosting.com

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.