Starka Major Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are doing a major upgrade on Starka which requires swapping hardware\servers. There will be a brief period of downtime for the swap and then while we reconfigure everything to our new setup. Updates will follow in this thread as we get underway. Finalizing some changes before we start now.

tynach288

Reaction score
I too would like to know when it's going back up - I was in the middle of editing my website when the server went offline.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Web services should be back online... we need to compile Zend in still but figured I'd bring the rest online instead of waiting. There are still changes being made and a few service restarts may be needed.

caalvara.192

Reaction score
Web services should be back online... we need to compile Zend in still but figured I'd bring the rest online instead of waiting. There are still changes being made and a few service restarts may be needed.

thanks and stay my page

tynach288

Reaction score

FTP still isn't working for me, so I'm not able to edit my website. However, I can view my web page at least, in it's current state.

Edit 1: Nevermind, FTP works now.

Edit 2: Also, you disabled phpinfo() now, for 'security reasons'... But you still have magic quotes turned on :/ That's deprecated, and in the future will be removed completely. I'm fairly sure it'd be a reasonable idea to disable it, since it IS deprecated in the version of PHP being used.

Last edited:

john.hardman.phx28

Reaction score
Looks like a couple of things have changed in the PHP config, lower memory and disabling of Exif support. This has broken the Wordpress plugin for NextGen gallery. The plugins can no longer create thumbnails, which experience tells me that PHP needs more memory. BTW this worked like a charm with the old PHP config if thats a help.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We still have some minor things to fix on this after sorting some bugs... for the most part functionality should be there. The rest of the issues will be resolved over the next 24 hours. I am locking this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.