!!!Suggestions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Now is the time to get any suggestions in that you think would make x10 better. Every staff member is currently working very hard on the upcoming changes. Anything you would like to see speak up now!

-Corey

Colin

Reaction score
More contests would be nice, I know you've been busy lately so thats probably why, I guess really more things to get the community involved liek the logo contest (when do we find out who one by the way) and topsite thing.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
hyper89 said:
More contests would be nice, I know you've been busy lately so thats probably why, I guess really more things to get the community involved liek the logo contest (when do we find out who one by the way) and topsite thing.
Sorry about the logo thing. I'm gonna post the winners now.

Colin

Reaction score
I know this is the wrong thread but the other ones locked, but do I get both prizes for the logos??

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
hyper89 said:
I know this is the wrong thread but the other ones locked, but do I get both prizes for the logos??
Yeah, we took the first and third logo you made. You'll be payed soon.

Colin

Reaction score
Sweet, this is going to so go in my portfolio

Cynical

Reaction score
I know you guys probably can't do this but Fantastico needs an uninstaller section for each of its scripts...

Other than that, nothing really, except maybe a few more shop items/promos here at the forums, and perhaps more SQL databases, subdomains, etc. per account.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
@ alejandro: paid***

:D

lol suggestions eh?
my number 1 suggestion is the ability to increase space/bandwidth by purchasing it in the shop with points

second one would be to create more forum mod positions to crack down on spam posts

Colin

Reaction score
I just want to say, you guys are already doing a great job... Thanks x10.

what is that supposed to mean??

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
think we are getting off topic here, any suggestions suggest :)

dharmil

Reaction score
get a email script like http://www.yousendit.com/

so people can sent files big files and the file are only stored on the server for 7 days so it wont cause problems

it should be like one of those x10 sites expamed the bussines

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
hyper89 said:
I just want to say, you guys are already doing a great job... Thanks x10.

what is that supposed to mean??

lol i was merely correcting his grammatical error, where alejandro used 'payed' instead of 'paid'

BACK TO SUGGESTIONS,
along with purchasing additional space and bandwidth in the shop, and increasing staff to prevent spam posts,

i think we should also reorganize the marketplace section in the forum, and divide it up into images, coding, etc since as of now it is really disorganized

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
What about suggestions having to do with the actual host, not the forums and all that? An example would be like: "Let members change their own usernames, (sub)domains, plans, etc."

:)

Colin

Reaction score
Maybe a better sign up system, one that doesn't take luck to get accepted?? I know its because of the number of applications, but maybe you could develop a script that is more effecient

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Need to be more specific ;) Like how exactly. We have some type of solutions in the upcoming changes but feedback would be great. Say we take 300 signups per day. What type of system would you like to see that can handle that, and how?

-Corey

Colin

Reaction score
I'll give it some thought and when I get a good idea I'll post it, this is going to be a tough one.

EDIT:: Here's one possible solution

Given:
300 applicants
only 10-15 get accepted per day

Solution:

- You make a 3 day window in which applicants apply, eg: monday to wednseday, thursday to saturday etc

- Record and archive all IP's that apply

- First day 10-15 applicants are accepted at random
- Their IP's are removed from the list

- Second day - If there are any duplicate IP's from the day before they get priority in selection eg: the same person applies again the next day.
- IP's chosen are removed from list, also IP's that weren't duplicated from previous day are removed leaving only todays applicants and duplicated IP's

- Third day - If there are any triplicates from previous days they get priority, then duplicates, then singles
- All single IP's from day before are removed aswell as duplicate IP's from the second day are removed if they don't apply a third time, leaving only single IP's from today

-Repeat 3 day cycle

NOTES:

- you set up a calendar function
- IP's are valid for as long as they apply continously
- If an IP is recorded twice then stops you wipe it
-This allows for people who are consitent to have more of a chance to get accepted
-duplicated, tripled IP means, person applied again the next day

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a very good idea. I think we may beable to put that in ;)

To everyone else: That is exactly what we are looking for. Making a suggestion is one thing, making a suggestion with reference to what you would like to see is another. Please don't just say "Do this", include "How you would like it done, or how you think it would work".

+100 Points to you Hyper :)

Thanks,

-Corey

Shade

Reaction score
My suggestions:

x10hosting image

New Look Website

A new website look maybe with a bit more edge will help improve the image of x10hosting. The website at the minute looks pretty rushed. More cool additions to the homepage might be nice.

Also changing the forum too x10hosting.com/forum instead of some wierd thing.

New Cpanel Theme

A new theme that goes well with the new x10hosting website (if you did do it again) would be cool addition and maybe the ability to change it yourself. It gets boring seeing the same thing over and over again

Resolving all server problems within 12 hours

As x10hosting is a free web hosting - a lot of free web hosters problems is their lack of Technical Support, Server uptime etc. To make x10hosting stand out from the rest one aim should be to Resolve all server problems within 12 hours. This also means that the problem doesnt happen an hour later (Although server has been up a good amount of time so far).

Vertical Advertisement

For the corporate plan i dont see why it doesnt have any vertical advertisement as it maybe better for certain website layouts. The user should also be able to switch between the two eg. the horizontal advertisement may be better for forums.

Google/Yahoo adverts

Instead of the x10hosting adverts for corporate use either google or yahoo adverts - i think i heard somewhere you get twice as much money for Yahoo and seeing as this is a US website (i think) you might be able to get more for your money. As courtesy, people should click on the adverts to gain more money for x10hosting.

Experimenting new communities

Always a good idea to experiment in new communites such as Games, Technical etc. In the end you may be able to create an entire network like Cnet network which includes download.com, gamespot.com etc

As a follow up from that you could do a radio website to get the music creators around us to send in their music and review it - maybe add suggestions and for Games maybe copying off fpsbanana.com where they host different game maps, tools, skins etc.

Selling off servers

If you sold off servers to people for games starting from simple games such as cs 1.6 you may be able to get quite a bit of money for little effort.

Buying subdomains etc through points on cpanel

Everything should be accessible through Cpanel (as mentioned by someone else). However, I don't want to loose cpanels features as i like the but improvements such as buying more subdomains etc.

Site of the months

Competitiveness is never a bad thing - ideas such as Best Design of the month, Most popular of the month etc.

Sitemap of all the available websites with descriptions

This will help google and other search engines spider the websites quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.