Suspended Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiolis

Reaction score
Hello!
I am not appealing my suspension.
I just want to know what happened.
I send my appealing through https://x10hosting.com/portal a while ago (23/03/2013).
Never get response and now my account have been deleted.
How can I get some feedback about my apeal?
I really apologise If this post is infraction by any way of x10 TOS, but I will like to have a response of my appeal.
Thank you in advance...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The appeal was accepted; the suspension was lifted on 3-23-13 due to a compromise of the account:

Your account has been compromised, and malicious software uploaded to it as a result.

I have removed the malicious software and will lift the suspension shortly, however due to the compromise the old public_html has been renamed to public_html_compromised. Do not move these files live without confirming that they are not infected/compromised; if at all possible, I would recommend abandoning them altogether and starting with fresh, vendor supplied files.

In any case, you need to immediately re-secure the account - if it would be compromised again in the future, we will not be able to lift the suspension.

For further information, the Joomla install in the folder "camaristica" was compromised; three separate DDoS scripts were uploaded to its plugins directory.

24 hours later on 3/24/13, additional DDoS software was once again located on the account, this time in public_html and not part of the Joomla plugins directory at all. This suspension was never appealed, however with the account having been compromised a second time the suspension would have been permanent, as the account was not re-secured.

Audiolis

Reaction score
I never recived notification about this...
And I was checking every day
I never get a chance to log to cPanel to secure my account... that could be the problem.
Is there anything I can do?
I can start from scratch (I mean with all my files removed) if that is an option.
I did not write before because I was expecting some kind of mail or notification... The only notification I received was several mails telling my account was suspended (like 6 in 30 minutes, just after I send my appeal).
I really apologize for all this inconvenience.
Thank you in advance.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The 6 within 30 minutes after sending the appeal was from me cleaning up the account; the system was still detecting the pages as I was clearing them. Unfortunately I'm showing the account has been erased prior to this forum thread being posted (not the reply, the entire thread). You're able to sign up again if you wish, however you'll want to take measures to secure the account, including to keep all software up-to-date, or the same thing may happen again.

Audiolis

Reaction score
Thank you!
I was not posting before because the rules said that any request about the appeal should be considered an offense so...
In any case, I wil sign up again.
Is it possible to sign up with my own domain? In the account portal I only see options for 3 subdmoains, but not my own.
Thank you in advance (again).

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can not sign up with your own domain, you can however add it as parked (alias of your main domain) or addon domain (separate site) once the account is up.

We did remove the option to use your own domain as main domain due to confusion and troubles caused when the domain expired, or as the fairly recent events with co.cc just cease to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.