[Teamxbox NEWS] PlayStation 3 New stuff

N2PGames

Reaction score
All info copyed from "TEAMXBOX.COM"
Source page:
Code:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10502/PlayStation-3-HDD-Standard-Basic-PlayStation-Network-Service-to-Include-Online-Gameplay/
=============
PlayStation 3 HDD Standard, Basic PlayStation Network Service to Include Online Gameplay

By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Mar. 18th, 2006 4:25 pm
We have been trying to find out more on PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Network Platform since Wednesday’s announcements, after the translation of Kutaragi’s words sounded a little odd to us.

First, the confirmation that every PlayStation 3 game requires a hard drive and the comments by Kutaragi that the HDD might not be included with every console were a contradiction so we checked with a few sources in the U.S. and Europe and we can now confirm that the PlayStation 3 will include a 60GB hard drive right out of the box. In addition, there will be bigger hard drives available for users to purchase.

Second, regarding the PlayStation Network Platform, we learned that the basic service will be free and include online gameplay, at least at launch; only specific titles like MMO games and premium services like online storage will require an additional fee.

We also learned that the PNP will only support online play for PS3 and PSP titles at launch and in the subsequent months it will add support for PS2 titles.

ps3_02.jpg

Now, all these announcements have some interesting consequences. Microsoft has a one year advantage over Sony, which could allow the software giant to gain a big chunk of market share, but at the same time, coming late to the party allows Sony (just like Microsoft did with the Xbox to compete with the PS2) to build a more powerful machine and set a strategy that is based on its competitor’s mistakes.

Will Microsoft eliminate the Core edition, make the 20GB HD standard and make hard drive support mandatory for all games? Will Xbox Live Silver include online gameplay?Will we start to see more Free Xbox Live weekends after PlayStation 3’s launch?

If one has to believe Shane Kim's words,we shouldn’t expect big changes in Microsoft’s strategy but even if leaders don’t react, they have to remain competitive…

Stay tuned. We'll have more on Sony's announcements (and Microsoft's reaction) soon.
============================================
Article copyright Teamxbox.com and César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
============================================

James

Banned
Reaction score
Dam they look nice.
If anyone wants info about if they can be modded ect let me know. Im working on testing chips and talking to some people about if theres new chips that can be installed.
Yets see if they beat xbox with this release.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
dino-m said:
Wow! Very nice design of PS3!

Wait, are you trying to say you haven't seen the design of the Ps3 yet? Wow.

Heres a little tidbit about it for you. The text on the front that says 'Playstation 3' is in exactly the same font as the 'Spiderman 2' text for the film.

tha king

Reaction score
I know this is a little off topic but why would there be a 60GB HD? and says for games? whats up with sony and making hard drives i mean i understand XBOX having a hard drive. But in my opnion sony shouldnt have added the extra HD.

N2PGames

Reaction score
im with "dharmil" I hate ps3 and yes PS3 is using Spiderman's font i thought i was the only ione who noted that good to knwo others see it two !!! btw ps3s images has been out since early 2005 so im kinda suprised that few of you here haven't seen it yet but about teh harddrrive i think 60gb is good!

AllStarGamer101

Reaction score
Well the source is XBOX... And suprise... They're dissing PS3.... I rathter play PC games anyways.

I hope the PS3 comes at a cheaper price than expected though.

Why do you guys hate it, it's not even out yet..

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
The_End said:
Dam they look nice.
If anyone wants info about if they can be modded ect let me know. Im working on testing chips and talking to some people about if theres new chips that can be installed.
Yets see if they beat xbox with this release.

they look nice? are you kidding me?
the xbox 360's appearance is much greater than the ps3

ps3 looks like a book folded over and filled with concrete in the middle for a solid base

i dont care how much better something is hardware wise, its the games that count
and im sure xbox 360 will remain at the top when halo 3 comes out..

James

Banned
Reaction score
I think the drives are a bit small though.
Im running a 120Gb of my slim line ps2 and im thinking of getting a 250Gb.
But ps3 and xbox 360 have a allright standard with the 60GB and 20GB
After all, you can never have enough space.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
PS will be better then xbox no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

James

Banned
Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
PS will be better then xbox no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Good call, lol, theres no alt+ctrl+del for me, im staying with sony

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
The_End said:
Good call, lol, theres no alt+ctrl+del for me, im staying with sony

You shouldn't base your buying decisions on brand alone. Especially with a games machine where the games count the most. Sony hasn't shown any great looking real-time demos of PS3 games. All smoke and mirrors at E3 and nothing thereafter.

MS, on the other hand, have got great looking games out there, on the hardware already and more coming in the near future.

I also think Sony are trying too much with the PS3. They say they are going to have a version of linux on it and want it to be a 'home server.' I'm like, wtf? Anyone who wants linux already has it, on their PC. And having it on a games console is just turning the PS3 into a hardware locked PC with some custom built games.

I'm not to sure on the PS3. Their online strategy is also a litteral carbon copy of XBL. Ken Kuturagi even went and said they wanted it to be 'live.'