Template: Venom (need comments)

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
Here is a new template I designed. The excerpt from the template is listed below

Yesterday I designed a new template that I call Venom in honor of the Spiderman 3 movie. Even though I completed the layout, I will not release it for download until I have check the validity of the coding. To check the errors I have to fix click here. Below is the template information taken from the layout.
About Venom
Well I designed this template after being inspired by a template called “Musharraf” created by Ehsan Ahmad that I ended up coding for him. The template was great but I thought I could make a better one. Well that’s how my mind works. I see something and I want to make something better. So I designed this template and titled it VeNoM. I guess I gave it that title because just like Venom, I try to surpass the skill of the opponent and I really loved the image to the below of Spiderman 3 released by Warner Brother Pictures.
Creating Venom
I started off with trying out different textures in Macromedia Fireworks, then I coded it using NotePad and Microsoft FrontPage. The body images were taken from Musharraf template by Ehsan Ahmad with permission supporting the Creative Commons License.
Files for Venom
This is the complete list of files that are required to keep venom looking like it should.
venom
- index.html
- css.css
+ images
- background.gif
- bgbottom.png
- bgtop.png
- footer.gif
- index.gif
- navibg.gif
- pirates_header.png
- pirates_headerblnk.png
- quote.gif
- space.gif
- spiderman3.jpg
- Thumbs.db
Live Preview: http://www.sazzadhossain.info/portfolio/templates/venom/

Be honest with your feedback. I haven't designed for a little while, so I'm a bit rough on the edges. I designed this while I was designing my own personal website.

Chris Z

Reaction score
the content design looks pretty good, however I don't really like the background color behind the content box (the gray-ish color), also I don't like the header, the font doesn't look good or is too big
6/10

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
The font is too big? Thats a 10pt. font. That is really small. I am thinking of modifying the content background. I will fix it sometimes soon as soon as my midterms are over.

Zenax

Reaction score
Too be honest, it looks pretty much the same as the others, except have different colours etc.

6/10

soten355

Reaction score
This website is simple and to the point. And it's easy on the eyes. It's nothing fantastic, but I would highly recommend this as a simple website, which is what you're aiming for right?
8/10

eZakto

Reaction score
Its good, yeah. Buy, the header image can't be there! It's a pirate! :p

And... It's not valid... That takes 1 point.

And... Looks great, yeah, simple but nice. I would use it for blogs.

8/10

Last edited:

Cubeform

Reaction score
AAAAA! TABLES AS LAYOUT! MY EYES! Quite frankly, I see ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to use tables here. You're already using <div />s, so just convert the tables into a <div /> layout. I'm not going to deduct any points for that, though.

Design-wise, the template is generally attractive. I'll give it an 8/10.

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
Yes I was using divs however for a very strange reason when I used the <div> tags they did not make my background image transparent. It has never happened to me before. The error that is shown is due to the tables. I'm working on fixing it right now.

As many of you have pointed out, my intention was simplicity and ease of navigation. I just put the pirates header because I was too lazy to custom make one. I will create one when I get time. My midterms have started and Calculus for Engineering Tech 2 is partially kicking my butt. Ah. Life of a college freelancer.

Last edited:

Rising

Reaction score
very smooth, but i dislike the header very much the font is ugly

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
Well thats the reason I am going to release it as an opensource layout. So that people can modify it in any way they wish and then use it. The header will soon be modified, not sure when. What would you guys suggest the theme for the header to be or how it should look?

cactus1805

Reaction score
hey every body, i have a shop by joomla, but i want a new template for it, but i can't find any site for free...can u help me