The Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I already posted an announcement about this some hours ago, but as I'm not sure if everybody noticed about it, I'm gonna say it here too.

Due to security matters with bank, I'll be disabling it in 2 weeks. So that is time you have to get your money out or you won't be able to recover it.

I won't accept any complains when the bank in down and won't return any points but in very special cases.

Good Weekend!

- Alejandro

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
What kind of Security problems are there?

Thanks for the update! :)
I can't really tell you, but we think people could be able to cheat and get more points through it. I can't say more.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Alejandro said:
I can't really tell you, but we think people could be able to cheat and get more points through it. I can't say more.

I know how to do it..but I won't. ;)

But that's pretty bad, is this going to be fixed/when will it be back up, or is it perma. down?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
That depends on Corey, he told me to disable while he was away. I'm just taking care of it.

James

Banned
Reaction score
There is a know fact that there is a security hole with the points system, many other forums have the same probelm. A lot of people know how to do it, but it means relieing on people not cheating.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
well I think it still best to withdrawn the points out from the bank just in case something seriously happen.

Alejandro thanks for the news, please keep this progress update so that everyone will know when does this bank going to be reopen.

Jacob

Reaction score
The cheating and point system has been a problem on other vBulletin forums that I've been to. I think it's in the best interest of all members to disable the bank for awhile.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
ok thanks for the notice.

Chris Z

Reaction score
so we're not getting rid of the points system altogether, are we?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
so we're not getting rid of the points system altogether, are we?
No, just the bank.

Chris Z

Reaction score
ok cool, i know you get interest in the bank but i don't use it, it's worthless to me

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
No need to post anymore in this thread. It's just to tell you whats going to happen and what you need to do about it.

Closed, make sure oyu get your points out of the bank.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, I'm closing the bank today around 11PM CST. Please make sure you don't have any points in there.

Chris Z

Reaction score
make sure you move all your points out alejandro lol you've got quite a few in there too

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
make sure you move all your points out alejandro lol you've got quite a few in there too
Yeah, Bryon will try to fix it, in the meanwhile Admins and Senior Staff is going to be able to use the bank to make tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.