The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codywdx1

Reaction score
I am trying to hook up a URL to my forum. I set it as a parked domain, and it's url is pivotpalace.tk

The main url is pivotpalace.x10host.com

However, when doing so, I get the following error:

Code:
Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, pivotpalace.x10host.com works normally. From what I have seen during searching, it has only been fixed on x10host's side, not ours. I'm requesting the fix :)

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
Looks like the domain (pivotpalace.tk) is parked over a different directory the public_html. Maybe check cPanel parked domain options and edit to park on public_html.

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
Addon domains adds a directory /public_html/pivotpalace.tk. Parked domain should be parked over pivotpalace.x10host.com. Which is public_html. And if not using up one addon and one parked maybe it has to be redirected. Okay error says The requested URL /, maybe it should be /home/pivotpalace/public_html. Something like that.

codywdx1

Reaction score
Well the little home icon generally refers to your home directory, which in this case, is /home/pivotpal

A parked directory is supposed to exactly mirror the subdomain (in this case, pivotpalace.x10host.com) but it doesn't, so I'm not sure where the issue is coming from.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
which x10hosting's free-hosting server is your account on ? (left side of cPanel's start page under 'Stats' - look for 'Server Name')

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
The server name is: xo5
that is a new server (I did not know about it) - and is why I 'see' domain [ pivotpalace.x10host.com ] with a IP of [ 198.91.81.6 ]
and why I was thinking - it was a DNS error

codywdx1

Reaction score
Well, the dns at .tk end is NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

This is what the admin panel of x10hosting free says, and it is why I think this is something the x10hosting owners/admins themselves must fix. I'm hoping for a speedy resolution, but it's not too big of a deal. That's interesting I am on a new server! haha

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
DNS does report problem. did you set up the ips for nameservers at .tk or is this some place else.

http://www.intodns.com/pivotpalace.tk

Looks like the A records (the GLUE) got from the parent zone check are different than the ones got from your nameservers. You have to make sure your parent server has the same NS records for your zone as you do.I detected some problems as follows:
For ns1.x10hosting.com the parent reported: ['108.178.57.230'] and your nameservers reported: ['198.91.81.5']
For ns2.x10hosting.com the parent reported: ['108.178.57.230'] and your nameservers reported: ['108.178.57.230']

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
For ns1.x10hosting.com the parent reported: ['108.178.57.230'] and your nameservers reported: ['198.91.81.5']
the fun part of this line - is ['198.91.81.5'] - which is the IP for x10hosting's free-hosting server xo4 - and the OP's account is on xo5
so how did that get in there ?

codywdx1

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. The DNS section says to just set it up as the ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Also, I think xo5 is down right now because I can't access either of the urls, nor can I log in. It states "This webpage is not available"

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi codywdx1,

It appears your parked domain hadn't fully created on our system. This should now be resolved; sorry about that. :)

Thank you,

codywdx1

Reaction score
@Dead-i: Thank you very much! I was wondering if it was something like that!

I noticed it working a couple days ago, and it has since started to retrieve some old members! Thanks for all of your help!

Also, out of curiosity, was it the same issue that the thread I linked had? If so, have you been able to deduce the root cause? Thanks for answering my questions :)

vmossx12

Reaction score
I am having an issue with viewing my index.html file. My file is located in public_html folder. I am getting the same error. What do I need to do?
Not Found
The requested URL /Index.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.