Themes for HTML5

jensen

Reaction score
http://www.themefisher.com/best-free-html5-templates-2016/

Sharing a link to a great resource for people who build or are learning to build websites here at x10hosting.com.

Have learnt my skills because x10 hosted my site all these years, allowing me to tinker and think about websites. Today I'm going back to coding by hand. Drupal and Wordpress and Joomla are great but getting bloated and uses up resources and can sometimes slow down the responsiveness of the website. So check out the above themes and learn how they code.

mduffyx1

Reaction score
I have always done my web site 'by hand'. For me it was all just an exercise to learn the technology, so I really did not want to hide any details. Also, at the time I started I was on an ISP that limited me to 5 Mb.

jensen

Reaction score
ISP limited to 5 Mb of space or 5 Mb bandwidth?
Creating websites by using notepad? Done that too. Really fun but time consuming especially when it came to updating the site with many pages. Now I just use WordPress (yes, read "lazy!")

mduffyx1

Reaction score
Space. About half is HTML or Javascript. And yes, I use Textpad.

studio6x

Reaction score
ISP limited to 5 Mb of space or 5 Mb bandwidth?
Creating websites by using notepad? Done that too. Really fun but time consuming especially when it came to updating the site with many pages. Now I just use WordPress (yes, read "lazy!")

do you have any websites online that you created using notepad?

jensen

Reaction score
Hi studio6x, have moved my sites to WordPress. :)
Also I use templates that I've kept on notepad as starting points if I really want to create a single page website, it's faster.