There is a problem with your request

Status
Not open for further replies.

outfoxed

Reaction score
So I'm logging in to my account and I get presented with this "There is a problem with your request" that says this:

We've found that you're connecting with a network proxy, VPN, or Tor, and we're unable to complete your request because of this. Please disable any such service, sign out and back in.

If you believe this decision is a mistake please get in touch on our Community Forums or email support@x10hosting.com. When contacting us via email, please send from your account's contact address, copy the text shown above, and if applicable, include your IP address.

First off, I am -NOT- using a VPN what so ever, and I am -NOT- using a proxy. I'm using SPECTRUM home internet. I have only ever logged in to X10 from my home residential internet from SPECTRUM. This is not a VPN Exit node, this is standard residential internet that millions of customers in the USA have.

I emailed support and at first they were responding to my emails but I sent one final one asking who to contact to get access to my account again but now it's been 3 weekdays and they're not even responding anymore.

Your support staff is completely ignoring me. What do I have to do to get my account back? Do you people want a copy of my SPECTRUM bill to prove I'm not lying? What the heck is going on here?

outfoxed

Reaction score
Well, let this at least be a lesson to everyone that uses X10 hosting for their web hosting needs then: The company can at their discretion suddenly decide that home internet users are "connecting with a vpn or proxy", even though we are not and refuse you access to your account, won't let you access your files in your account and will completely ignore any and all emails, forum postings and any queries you have regarding the issue. Flat out -ZERO RESPONSE- and everything I had stored there is gone and I will never see it again. I have zero recourse and no one to contact about this and they're holding my files hostage. I had no idea this company would do this but.. do beware everyone using X10 that you may potentially lose access to your data stored there without warning. I don't even want to use your dumb service anymore. I had just uploaded some files there that were not in public folders and I just want access to my files again to download them and be gone with you people. And you won't even allow me that courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.