There Is A Virus Going Around On Aim!!!!

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
The is a virus going around on AIM and I want to warn you all. I got it myself from someone and it is terrible. When you get it it goes to all your freind online on your buddy list and it says
How do you do THIS?
This is a link to a gif.exe program and it crashes your AIM. All you have to do to get rid of it is do a spyware scan and it will go away... if you don't it will stay in your system and infect it... So if you see it don't click it. I am just warning you all.

To all the people that has blocked me on AIM from x10: DSFreek, and others I am sorry... please forgive me :blushing: :crying:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This has been going around for ages, My brother got it once and it would send everyone on his list a message like "look at this picture it looks just like you" I could not get it off his system, I even did all the major spyware program scans (like microsoft anti-spy, ad-aware, and spybot) but none of them worked. So I did a little google search and found this: http://www.jayloden.com/aimfix.htm ... Worked like a charm :)

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
ok so I should use that? becasue if it works that would be great!

Edit it did not work...

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
ok so I should use that? becasue if it works that would be great!
Yeah if the scans did not work

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah use that program, that will get rid of it :)

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man better nto send it to me on aim! lol just kidding hope ya get rid of it if you need help finding the fix you know my aim hit me up.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Ok I used the program 2 times and the first was a bummer but the second time it worked!!! Thanks tyler! but keep this open so if people get it they know this is the place!

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
funindia said:
Any free patches are available for it?
Yeah dont click links to things someone sends you that looks unordinary :)

XColl

Reaction score
Yes, don't ever never click on the link! It will **** up your video card somehow. As soon I got it, I've got the pink-rainbow colors thing and cause crashes. =/

n4tec

Reaction score
I shall inform those who do not know about the virus... But where is Internet going..

Matthews255

Reaction score
There was an msn virus where it said This pic looks well cool.

Just targeting the computer ppl that are silly enough to click it.

Woolie

Reaction score
Theres always some virus going round :) Anti-Virus ppl would be out of work if there wern't any ;-) I'm sure they make them themelves, just so ppl can buy there software to remove it ;-)

Skyline4life

Reaction score
yup goten 1 of them a long time ago..i never click on links from my firends, only if i know where its from.

limelight

Reaction score
XColl said:
Yes, don't ever never click on the link! It will **** up your video card somehow. As soon I got it, I've got the pink-rainbow colors thing and cause crashes. =/

I'm pretty sure that taht is your moniter. My old my moniter had a button that you would press and you'd get that rainbow on your screen for a bit. Maybe you have the button stuck.