thinking about buying a dell?

FeZ.06.925

Reaction score
Holy crap... I'm glad now that I build my own computer. I don't like the extra software places like Dell puts on your computer, and now that I know they put in extra hardware... Yea scary crap...

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Wow that is scary, it loosens my opnion of dell now thought it had good customber service.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having my friend take his new one apart later today.

-Corey

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wow, I think Im going to do some exploring with my dell laptop today, I cant belive this! Let me know if your friend finds anything Corey

Ben Bexton

Reaction score
Whhoooo Dell can tell what you've typed! well they wouldn't get much from me.... except a lot of naughty words and "adult" sites :devil:
Regards
Ben

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing in his laptop!

-Corey

CKG690

Reaction score
Nothing in my Dell D505. I asked my dad (who works for Dell), and he had never heard of anything like this.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yes I have also never heard anything like this. I bet this is all not true..if Dell did this they could get caught for this and I bet me did not buy it from them. I think he bought it from someone that had it and sold it to him..it could have been used and all and that person might have put it in there..... Dell is a trustworthy company also I do not have a dell but I heard they are all good!

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Sweet!!! I didn't know Dell was above the law!

If I become a multi-national mega-corporation can I invade my customer's privacy too!?!?

FeZ.06.925

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
It dose not suck if it did they would not be rated #1!!!

Rated #1 for PRE-MADE COMPUTERS perhaps. But nothing beats custom-building your own computer in your own house. You know what you want, you know what you're getting, you know everything in there, and you also know that there aren't extra un-wanted parts in your custom, glowing, quiet, glass, sleek tower.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Next time anyone i know is getting a dell, they are getting it custom made!

Pim

Reaction score
I'don't like Dell Computers, It's a fine company for people who know not much about pc's.
Also i like AMD Processors.... Not Intel ;'(

Woolie

Reaction score
I opened my Dell laptop - also nothing. Maybe it was on older models

Neuromancer

Reaction score
This was a joke article...

The link I went too (not the one posted here) was on a website with a .de TLD. This implies it wasa german website.

Why would a german contact American DHS?

Secondly the folder the the article was in, indeed even the page itself was labelled LOL

Therefore it is a joke. While I have no doubt that hardwired keyloggers may exsist on some peoples dell computers... they were not put there by Dell.