Thinking About Getting x10Premium Hosting...

godmodea

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with x10Premium hosting and what it is like in reliability and support.

At the moment, it took x10 3-4 days to get my free account through the queue and currently mySQL is down for like 12+ hours so I can not access my website at all to work on it properly... Nothing has been done about it so far by x10 staff.

I'm asking this because I am not impressed so far and there is no way for me to try out premium to see what its like in terms of reliability and support. I don't want to buy something and then have problems with it and be locked in for 3 years on top of that. My view is that if free hosting cant be handled as efficiently as they say x10Premium is, then it doesn't give me much to go on.

I don't mean any offence to x10, I have had a few different websites/forums hosted through x10 over the years and I kept coming back although I did run into bumps occasionally and they use to be fixed fast. Lately I'm not so sure that is the case any more.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hang on -- you're going to base support for a paid program (which comes with legal contractual obligations free in the box) on a giveaway service (based largely on experimental configurations to reduce delivery costs) used and abused by high-maintenance toxic clients and "staffed" mostly by volunteer users? If you want to eliminate the ugliness of a free hosting environment (and they're all ugly), you'll have to stick to hosts that only provide paid hosting solutions.

godmodea

Reaction score
I didn't mean to make it sound bad, my words probably don't read the way I am trying to get my thoughts across. I just mean that they are both the same company so I don't know what to expect basically from my experiences with the free hosting because 1) I can't see/try how well the paid hosting is running for myself without signing up for three years. 2) There is no feed back about it accessible by the client looking to invest.

Actually not all free hosting is "ugly". I think x10 has had more down time for me lately than what it has in the past because of the large scale that it is being done on where as other free hosting is more capped and limited so you don't have as much breaking/problems all the time. I understand that it's free and you get what you pay for but sometimes you don't know what to expect if you actually go to buy the service from the same company, I've had horrible experiences stemming from the same situation before.

I didn't know that x10 had volunteers, thought it was actual paid staff? SQL has been down for 12+ hours with no response or acknowledgement, perhaps a more varied group of staff across more time zones so that small problems can be fixed faster and such. I didn't pay for it so I guess both parties have nothing to lose in that respect.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, I apologise if I am but I am sincerely not trying to be a pain. I'm genuinely curious about the Premium hosting because I'm considering moving to it. I think its only fair that I ask questions about it considering that there is very little information available for me see in relation to the Premium hosting. Is there a Premium hosting forum I can look at to do a bit of research on? Maybe I should have asked that to begin with. I'd like to see a company some day offering a few days/week trial for people on free hosting looking to move to premium plans, makes it much easier to make decisions and test things out for yourself. Lol.

The only reason why I'm on the free hosting at the moment is because I want to build the site and get it functioning the way I would like it to be before I moved it to something reliable with more resources and such.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have an account on x10Premium and the only 'issues' ever have been due to the server moving and needing to update the IP address for my domain as I use CloudFlare, not x10Hosting's nameservers. That's been twice in, what...6 years?

Support requests are always dealt with promptly and professionally, so far always within 24 hours, sometimes within 5 minutes (mostly closer to the latter!).

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've been using x10's paid hosting since the dawn of internet civilization. Never had a problem with them, they reply to support within a few hours, they do all the daily backups and so on, the plans they offer are flexible, if you request custom plans the pricing offered is better than competitors. Never had an issue with their service. Been using them since highschool freshman year...now I run 10 different full fledge sites generating income, on x10hosting's servers.

zoocampu

Reaction score
Thanks for this post. I too have been thinking about premium. I've never had problems with x10's free hosting, but I could use more e-mail accounts. I like the sound of cron jobs too. Don't mind paying for what in my opinion has been great. The only issues I've had are servers down every now and then...but they're back up relatively fast. I love what X10 has to offer.