Trouble with add on domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
again thanks for all the help and please excuse my impatience.

I am attempting to add domain giah.org.mx and it shows it was successful and it showed up in cpanel. I uploaded the index file (enter page) yet when I went to view giah.org.mx I was redirected to

Okay I tried to start over. first I deleted giah.org.mx from cpanel then I went to add on domains and tried to remove the add on domain giah.org.mx but I received this message

"There was a problem removing the Addon Domain. Show Details
Error from park wrapper: Sorry, you do not control the domain giah.org.mx"

I know I AM doing something wrong. Please help.
Thank you.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that error means the domain is being used by another cPanel account. Did you have a previous account with x10hosting?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you set your nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
again thanks for all the help and please excuse my impatience.

I am attempting to add domain giah.org.mx and it shows it was successful and it showed up in cpanel. I uploaded the index file (enter page) yet when I went to view giah.org.mx I was redirected to

Okay I tried to start over. first I deleted giah.org.mx from cpanel then I went to add on domains and tried to remove the add on domain giah.org.mx but I received this message

"There was a problem removing the Addon Domain. Show Details
Error from park wrapper: Sorry, you do not control the domain giah.org.mx"

I know I AM doing something wrong. Please help.
Thank you.

Whois record shows your your domain name servers as

Name Servers:
DNS 1: ns2.x10hosting.com
DNS 2: ns1.x10hosting.com

Change them to
Name Servers:
DNS 1: ns1.x10hosting.com
DNS 2: ns2.x10hosting.com

Reaction score
Yes I had a previous account with same domain aquarianderek@x10hosting.com and same addon domain giah.org.mx that account was terminated. (see other posts)

However I was able to add on giah.org.mx and it showed up in my cpanel just now and I was able to uploaded the index file (enter page) and it showed up in cpanel as well yet when I went to view giah.org.mx I was redirected to

http://giah.org.mx/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
You can set this in your domain name account panel( that is from your registrars, giah.org.mx)

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
None of that matters. The order of nameservers should not matter anyway.
Neither of the nameservers has his domain name.

Code:
... here is the nslookup result for giah.org.mx from server [B]ns1.x10hosting.com[/B], querytype=A :

DNS server handling your query: ns1.x10hosting.com
 DNS server's address:	99.198.122.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
 *** [B]Can't find giah.org.mx[/B]: No answer

His site came up briefly earlier for me. Just Index of / showing only the cgi-bin directory.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
We mean the registrars from which you got giah.org.mx. Ask them about your control panel.They will provide you a username and password.So u can edit DNS records

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ahh okay so the DNS has changed with the termination of my old account and the creation of my new account even though my domains remain the same?

Reaction score
None of that matters. The order of nameservers should not matter anyway.
Neither of the nameservers has his domain name.

Code:
... here is the nslookup result for giah.org.mx from server [B]ns1.x10hosting.com[/B], querytype=A :

DNS server handling your query: ns1.x10hosting.com
 DNS server's address:	99.198.122.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
 *** [B]Can't find giah.org.mx[/B]: No answer

His site came up briefly earlier for me. Just Index of / showing only the cgi-bin directory.

Okay so what do you suggest Descalzo? I would rather not have to contact the people I got the domain from (they are off on weekends) I got it in person from a web-site developer here in Mexico (not easy to get .org.mx extension you need to prove your an existing Mexican non-profit).

I have lost lots of time in this I would like to use this weekend to upload all the files and get sites up before monday morning.

Thank You very much for your help.

Last edited:

eyemdee

Reaction score
Yes I had a previous account with same domain aquarianderek@x10hosting.com and same addon domain giah.org.mx that account was terminated. (see other posts)

However I was able to add on giah.org.mx and it showed up in my cpanel just now and I was able to uploaded the index file (enter page) and it showed up in cpanel as well yet when I went to view giah.org.mx I was redirected to

http://giah.org.mx/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

aquarianderek@x10hosting.com is not a domain, it is an email address. There is a working web page at the subdomain http://aquarianderek.x10hosting.com which is on the Stoli server. You need an admin to look at why http://giah.org.mx is not connecting with this page if you have added it correctly as an addon domain in cPanel.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you add giah.org.mx as an add-on yourself or did the admin who set up your account do that?

Reaction score
eyemdee yes you are right aquarianderek@x10hosting was a TYPO I meant aquarianderek.x10hosting which is working fine. (no issue there)

calistoy (nice pie) I tried first as a parked but then giah.org.mx displayed same site as aquarianderek.x10hosting.com and they are 2 completely different but somewhat related sites. There is one link at the bottom of aquarianderek.x10hosting.com to giah.org.mx but no links from giah.org.mx to aquarianderek.x10hosting.com

I need them to be 2 separate entities as far as they are displayed to general public.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you add giah.org.mx as an add-on yourself or did the admin who set up your account do that?

I set up the addon myself. The first time I did this (pretermination) I had no problems at all, it was actually quite easy. (with the help of the forum of course)

Could an admin do this for me? Is this possible?

Reaction score
I feel I may have inadvertently offended calistoy by commenting on their forum display pic (slice of pecan pie) I noticed that they removed their post from this thread. This was not my intention. I really do like pie and pecan is my favorite.

Also please remember we must always maintain some sense of humor or we will all go crazy. I am struggling very hard right now to get web-site back up. Everybody here seems to be working very hard right now with all the upgrades and stuff.

I do appreciate everyone's help and do not wish to insult nor offend anybody. I will try to stay on topic more and joke less. (always been the class clown) I apologize to calistoy or anyone else I may have offended.

sincerely
aquarian derek

p.s. This problem is still unresolved.. Thanks

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You did not offend me. After I posted my reply, I saw two other replies before me and realized that my reply was not helpful to your problem. I tried to delete it before you read it, but that apparently didn't happen. As for the nice pie comment, thanks. :)

Reaction score
I tried again and now this

Addon Domain Additions

There was a problem creating the addondomain. Show Details

Error from domain wrapper: Domain already exists, it was not added.: giah.aquarianderek.x10hosting.com

I dont find giah.org.mx anywhere not even in the file manager

Status
Not open for further replies.