Tysil Chronicles - browser-based MMORPG that I'm developing

Torch

Reaction score
I've recently decided to drop all my current projects and give a brake from freelancing to do something I wanted ever since I wrote my first code - make a game. And to put in it everything I ever wanted in a single game.
Since a quality and modern desktop game would be a bite too big I decided for next best thing, multiplayer browser-based.
Anyway, Tysil Chronicles will be a Sci-Fi (browser-based) MMORPG game where you control one bioship, yourself a.k.a. your character. If you wanted to make a comparison with other games (their gameplay more specifically), it would be a bit EVE, bit Elite and Freelancer and a lot of new stuff. Full list of current features can be found here.
Also, Tysil Chronicles will have complex and comprehensive background story which will develop with time and be affected by player actions (in organized player events).
In all I didn't really gave much info on the site now, but that's because I tend to frequently change my mind and get new ideas, so better info will be availible once game reaches alpha state.

I really can give no good estimate on how much time it will take me to finish, but by wild guess probably 6+ months (depending on how my time allows).
I'm also looking for artists, graphical designers, who would do the images and graphics needed for game. If you choose to join up as one, you wouldn't be just helping me out you would also have share in game's profit (if there will be any :p) accoring to amount of work you done.

So, check back here and site (http://tc.torchsdomain.com) from time to time to see how work on the game is going :)

Joker Boy

Reaction score
This is gonna be awesome!! Now there are 2+ members of x10 making games! I can't wait until they come out! I am a Flash guy, so if you want I could do some artwork for you.. don't know if it would convert well.

Just let me know if u want me to do anything, I'll be around.

Xenon Design

Reaction score
Hey were both making MMORPG's xD

Well ill check yours out then :)

Edit: Your domain is timing out :s

Last edited:

t2t2t

Reaction score
Joker Boy said:
This is gonna be awesome!! Now there are 2+ members of x10 making games! I can't wait until they come out! I am a Flash guy, so if you want I could do some artwork for you.. don't know if it would convert well.

Just let me know if u want me to do anything, I'll be around.

Make that 3+ ;)

Zenax

Reaction score
Sounds awsome! I take it then this will be PHP or something completly different?

Torch

Reaction score
Uh, it will be written in PHP if that's what you mean, but gameplay-wise it'll be pretty unique compared to other browser MMO's.

BTW, site should be working now. And I'll post tommorow (was about to do it on monday, but wasn't home much this week) the story and some of the new features I came up with.

Xenon Design

Reaction score
I did all that and still no conenction...its probably my ISP...they have had problems connecting to some sites. Also the fact of being in Australia and having crap internet doesnt help much...

Edit: Ive tried again this morning and it worked :) Cant wait to see the game running

Last edited:

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. My uncle is developing one of these, although I forget his website. Looking foward to it!

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Sounds really good man, good luck. I like your site layout, its plain but for some reason I just really like it.

Torch

Reaction score
Posted some updates to progress and features pages.
Also I'd like to remind everyone, if you are an graphic designer and would like to work on this project (and share it's possible profits) email me at tc@torchsdomain.com with some examples of your work.

As a sidenote... Tysil Chronicles website is powered by Torch's Easy CMS, which is basicaly a classical CMS that I'm developing (bit by bit over time when I feel like it :p), but which doesn't need database to work (everything is stored in filesystem), doesn't require any configuration (except admin pass), has extremely simple templating system, will have some interesting features and will be able to be integrated with One File Forum (another project of mine) and Torch's File Manager (early version of it's 'simple' variant is availible for download on my site). I will release all of them some time in the future, but much later than I initially planned since TC is my current priority :)