"Unable to add the domain name..." DNS error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer640

Reaction score
I am getting this error:
Unable to add the domain name − Unable to create addon domain. Please verify that it has been set to the proper DNS name servers.

I know what it means. I first registered the domain on cu.cc to avoid domain costs, of course. I set up the nameservers (ns1 and ns2.x10hosting.com), I then go to x10 control panel and attempt to add the domain. I type in the cu.cc address (I'm 110% sure it's correct, since I've tried this several times over the past week or so), click "+ Add Domain" which is when I'm getting this DNS error.

I've waited for days thinking that maybe it needed time to update DNS records or something like that, but it's still not working. What's the problem here?

Edit*
Oh yes, I also tried removing the domain completely and re-did all of the proper steps (double checking everything). Still the same issue. It's already pointed to the server so why isn't the domain being added?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Please could you tell us the .cu.cc domain in question?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They just want to know what it is so they can look at logs, block lists and so forth to help fix your problem. It seems to be unique to you, so the general "kick the server and hope for results" tactic probably won't work.

Palmer640

Reaction score
Oh. It's sdt.cu.cc

I intended it to be temporary, but it's not even working. I have tried other ones and I get the same thing.

Palmer640

Reaction score
Oh, I should point out that I just switched to cPanel and added it under Addon Domains instead of the x10hosting panel and it worked without any problems.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the x10hosting panel?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You mean the x10Hosting Basic panel? Could be; it's a custom front-end (mostly to keep users from accidentally nuking their own sites) and it's hard to get all of the edge cases right in any software project. You don't know there are bugs until somebody squashes one.

Palmer640

Reaction score
Yes, the x10hosting Basic panel is what I was using. It definitely seems like a bug because my domains linked like normal from cPanel. Probably should have tried that before opening a topic for this. Whoops.

On the other hand, now you guys know of the bug (if you hadn't already). :D

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi Palmer, thanks for the further information on the problem. We'll get that problem straightened out.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.