Unable to addon a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

falkensl

Reaction score
So when I try either Parking a Domain or Adding a Separate domain I get the following type error.

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.​

I have added the A record for the domain to the ip address of the x10hosting url for my account already. Any ideas how to resolve this?

falkensl

Reaction score
So I changed the Name Servers to x10, I was then able to add the domain to the x10 account. I then tried changing the Name Servers back leaving the A record as it should be set to the same IP. But now it is giving me an error of This website is not properly configured.

falkensl

Reaction score
So unsure if anyone did anything but it seems to have ironed itself out. Playing the name server trick allowed me to add the domain to the account and leaving the A record set to the correct IP address on the 3rd party Name Servers has worked.

usplayer

Reaction score
So it appears that you cant add any new addon-domain while the DNS is set to anything but x10 host. Then AFTER you add it then you can change the DNS to whatever you want (example cloudflare). I am that far now, i will update this once i get the domain actually displaying.

So first set your dns to x10

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

then add your addon-domain in cpanel

then go back and change your dns to cloudflare or whatever you need.

then set up your dns records in cloudflare or whatever and point it to the domain shared ip listed in cpanel.

Then just wait and wait and wait and wait some more for it to propagate. You can check here whatsmydns.net is one place and there are others. Also dont forget to check intodns.com also, it will give you some good info.

Last edited:

usplayer

Reaction score
Thanks, but it sure is taking a long time to propagate, just not used to it taking this long.

So i have the dns in cpanel pointing to cloudflare, and cloudflare pointing to the shared ip.

Last edited:

usplayer

Reaction score
removed comment by poster, not necessary

Last edited:

lylex10h

Reaction score
My guess is either propagation or your domain is using x10 and Cloudflare nameservers. If that is the case, it should only use CF. This is easier to troubleshoot if you provide the domains.

usplayer

Reaction score
NS is set to CF...

isnt this interesting, i turned on railgun in CF just to see what it said and here is what it showed... interesting why moved i wonder...

Last edited:

usplayer

Reaction score
Thanks, thats why i found that interesting because i did check the cpanel redirect and nothing, but i did not know about the feature on the CF side so i checked there as well, nothing there either.

Ill poke around and see what i can come up with after a nap, i really need one... :)

Last edited:

usplayer

Reaction score
I got it..... after some scratching my head i realized that i forgot that this software (oxwall) in the root x10 requires adding the additional folder names (sub/addon) domains to the htaccess to allow them to be used.. Once i added the rewrite condition it works...

Sorry about that, my bad.... i had my .... up my .... lmao thanks for the help....

Status
Not open for further replies.