Unable to Connect to Database When Installing Moodle

Status
Not open for further replies.

wliss95

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm installing a program called moodle. On the 3rd step of the installation, I'm promoted to enter some database details. But the connection doesn't work. I get this message:

Error: Database connection failed

It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly.

The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'10.33.248.81' (using password: YES) in /home/sienaat/public_html/moodle/lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 65

I'm able to connect to this database when using my own created php script. Any ideas?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm assuming you want to run this on X10 and not somewhere else. Firstly, all MySQL users on X10 are in the form of CPANELNAME_USERNAME where you have just dbuser (I don't know if you've replaced the name for security reasons or not, but you should double check the user name). Secondly, you should be connecting to localhost or 127.0.0.1, not the remote server you have specified.

You can make sure you have the correct users and databases in place through Cpanel->MySQL Databases. If you are trying to transfer from another host to X10, you should do a MySQL Dump (also called export) and then import that into MySQL using CPanel->PHPMyAdmin->Import.

wliss95

Reaction score
Thank you - fixing the username solved the problem.

I'm assuming you want to run this on X10 and not somewhere else. Firstly, all MySQL users on X10 are in the form of CPANELNAME_USERNAME where you have just dbuser (I don't know if you've replaced the name for security reasons or not, but you should double check the user name). Secondly, you should be connecting to localhost or 127.0.0.1, not the remote server you have specified.

You can make sure you have the correct users and databases in place through Cpanel->MySQL Databases. If you are trying to transfer from another host to X10, you should do a MySQL Dump (also called export) and then import that into MySQL using CPanel->PHPMyAdmin->Import.

Status
Not open for further replies.